Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

In our hands still. Everton probably deserved a point to be fair. Consistently putting in balls into the box with 4 or 5 men in there.

I look forward to us putting in crosses to Vardy and watching him stick that thumb up as he does his slow jog back to half way after getting nowhere near it.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

In what world are we winning against Newcastle ffs, have a word 

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

Can you spot the big spanner in your plan?

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It does. Even if we win against Newcastle, if not for this draw, in the last game, if we lose and they draw, we would still be above them. Now we would be below them. This is a massive point for them.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't be soft. 

If Everton had lost instead of being given literally 100 minutes to save themselves then we'd catch them if they drew next week and we won which wouldn't be that surprising. 

The idea that Newcastle would be hungover and partying if Liverpool lost is just a silly fantasy. The Liverpool game means **** all to us. 

Newcastle need a point from two games, they know they've got it wrapped up. 

Haha. I’m simply saying that it’s still in our hands. And if Liverpool hadn’t of equalized there is a CHANCE Newcastle wouldn’t be so highly motivated in their game against us.. I mean… it worked against Fulham, right? lol

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

are you mad!!! the difference is that when we lose to newcastle which we will… on the final day if we won, everton needed to win. now they only need a draw. 

That goal has probably just sealed it. 

I can’t believe people can’t see this

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I've said it the league is fixed/rigged and most of you were laughing at me. 9min! 10min! It's an absolute joke. 

It doesn't matter though. We need 2 wins. Just offer Madisson under the table for 20m for obvious reasons. 

Who is it rigged to benefit? 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Well all you lot are miserable ****ers. I’m calling it. We’re staying up on goal difference. We will beat Newcastle on Monday night, and Dyche will be left moaning about how it isn’t fair we have Vardy. 

Last time a team stayed up on goal difference in the premier league was 2008, it just doesn't really happen.

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

That goal changes nothing for us. We need to win on Monday and match Everton's result next week. It would have been the same even if they lost. 

We've been saying this for the past 10-15 games, no chance we beat Newcastle on Monday.

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No it doesn’t, if we can win two games. Everton had to win, our goal difference is an extra point if we can get our noses in front. 

Plus, Everton without DCL are struggling. They’ve got a point today following 90 minutes of added time and it looked very much like Wolves took their off the game. Still football left to be played. A draw isn’t a bad result for us. 

I really wish we could do away with the myth that goal difference is an extra point - it’s not that simple. If they finish a point ahead of us our goal difference doesn’t bride that gap.

An extra 0.5 points maybe.

A draw isn’t a bad result as if Leeds don’t win then it keeps us in it final day. Whether or not that point is significant remains to be seen. It might mean nothing, it might be the point that keeps them up - there are plausible scenarios where it does, and that’s why it’s significant

Everton just showing the fight - how many 90th minute + equalizers have they got? No chance they don't beat Bournemouth. Our best chance now is Forest lose both theirs and we get a draw and a win from our games - simply have to come back from St James with at least a point or we're done.

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Yes it does.

As mentioned by several posters since my original post, it now requires us to get something at Newcastle to ensure Everton need to win to ensure survival, rather than draw.

It doesn’t? Everton have 33 points…. Football can throw surprises up from time to time, and if we do beat Newcastle and Leeds don’t beat West Ham, then on goal difference we will be out of the bottom three….

Which means Everton will have to better our result come the last game of the season to stay up. 

Even if they had lost it wouldn’t have changed what we need to do on Monday…… the aim of our game is to try and creep out of the borrow three by next weekend. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

In our hands still. Everton probably deserved a point to be fair. Consistently putting in balls into the box with 4 or 5 men in there.

I look forward to us putting in crosses to Vardy and watching him stick that thumb up as he does his slow jog back to half way after getting nowhere near it.

How in any way is it in our hands?