Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Everton goal means that after we roll over on Monday, they'll only need a point on the final day to guarantee a place above us.

It doesn't mean alot in the greater scheme of things, however, as they'll have their eye on Leeds who can still catch them.

So that goal is a bigger deal to us than it is Everton, strangely.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well all you lot are miserable ****ers. I’m calling it. We’re staying up on goal difference. We will beat Newcastle on Monday night, and Dyche will be left moaning about how it isn’t fair we have Vardy. 

Have you not had your meds todays?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Haha. I’m simply saying that it’s still in our hands. And if Liverpool hadn’t of equalized there is a CHANCE Newcastle wouldn’t be so highly motivated in their game against us.. I mean… it worked against Fulham, right? lol

It has not been in our hands all season. And you are saying we need to beat Newcastle to be in our hands. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Everton just showing the fight - how many 90th minute + equalizers have they got? No chance they don't beat Bournemouth. Our best chance now is Forest lose both theirs and we get a draw and a win from our games - simply have to come back from St James with at least a point or we're done.

They only need a point now 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Semedo was down for a couple of minutes with a head injury, but I can't think of much else other than several subs. 

arsenal against us at our place their players were going down several times with head injuries. I think 6 mins added on! 10 mins is outrageous 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Based on what, Everton will not lose to Bournemouth 

Based on the fact it’ll still be mathematically possible? 

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, shailen said:

That goal changes nothing for us. We need to win on Monday and match Everton's result next week. It would have been the same even if they lost. 

I don’t understand why this is difficult to comprehend. If we lose to Newcastle (likely), we go in to the last game needing to win. IF we could do that then we stay up now only if Everton lose. Before that point we’d stay up in that scenario if Everton lose or draw. That is absolutely changing something for us.

The point has meant there was a combination of results that would have kept us up which now relegates us. It’s mathematical fact at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

FFS, that's a massive point for Everton, means they can afford to draw versus Bournemouth assuming we lose at Newcastle and beat West Ham.

We have to get a point at Newcastle now just to keep everyone honest. Forest will be in reach assuming they lose today and Leeds also need 4pts from two to stay above us.

The strange thing is if Howe and Smith could shake hands on a point now they'd both do it without thinking twice. Maybe it will favour us if we go into the last 5 mins still drawing?

Is that not a good thing in the way of thinking they might be caught off guard and/or going into the game abit too comfortable?

I mean we're not going to anything for ourselves so it's an implausible scenario.

I mean, it is like everything that can go wrong has.

We had so many chances to get points but dropped them ourselves.  Recently, Leeds, Everton.

Brighton losing to our opponents while beating top 6 clubs. Deliberate?

Wolves almost wanted Everton to score and Everton did.

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

This is like a script. We are bound to be relegated.

You write your own script and make your own luck. We haven't done enough to warrant staying up at all, that's why shite teams like Everton are above us.

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What happened to justify the added time?

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Semedo was down for a couple of minutes with a head injury, but I can't think of much else other than several subs. 

I reckon he was down for at least 4 minutes 

there were loads of sub breaks. Maybe 9 minutes was 1 or 2 too long but i didn’t thing ‘wow’ when the board went up 

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I can’t believe people can’t see this

Don’t be surprised at anything on here mate 😄

• Like 2

Just now, Tom12345 said:

It has not been in our hands all season. And you are saying we need to beat Newcastle to be in our hands. 

yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.  We lose and we will not be in control of our destiny. Whilst there is a razor thin chance, there’s still a chance..

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really feels like Everton will never be relegated however bad they are. They could get 18 points in a season and there would no doubt be 3 teams who got even fewer points. They really deserve to go down after being crap for years. 

Not only do they deserve it massively after years of being total rubbish they’ve also MASSIVELY cheated and should be heavily fined and other teams compensated. 

• Like 1

Would rather Leeds stay up than Everton now and they could possibly have 2 easier games with West Ham probably checked out for the season and spurs are total doggo. Obviously if we some how get something from Newcastle Leeds and Everton can both go but out the 2 rather Everton be gone 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

If Leeds lose and we lose, we’ll still be going into the last game with a real outside chance. 

Actually if Leeds don't win.

A point against Newcastle would be brilliant for us assuming Forest and Leeds lose this weekend. It would mean both Everton needing a win and Forest needing a point to finish above us assuming we beat West Ham.

A defeat at Newcastle is now a good few nails in the coffin with Forest out of reach and Everton only needing a point at home.