Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Gazza M said:

Would have taken Everton drawing before that kicked off. We can still finish above them on GD if they lose next week and we beat West Ham.

That game has already been played apparently and Everton have avoided defeat 

6 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I can’t believe people can’t see this

If you’ve been on here since the first CL miss season you’d believe it. So many people can’t figure out what results are good for us  - or literally - don’t care. It’s been consistent since 19/20

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I mean, it is like everything that can go wrong has.

We had so many chances to get points but dropped them ourselves.  Recently, Leeds, Everton.

Brighton losing to our opponents while beating top 6 clubs. Deliberate?

Wolves almost wanted Everton to score and Everton did.

Perspective needed. Everton and Liverpool not winning today is a good result. It’s just not as good as it could have been.

We can’t be mad about any other results tbh because we’ve been gifted countless opportunities to get out of the mess we are in and we’ve spurned most of them, as I’m sure we’ll spurn this one too.

We are getting what we deserve. 

I know crazy results happen but no one can truly believe our defence keeps out Newcastle or beats West Ham. They’ve buckled every year whenever they’ve heard a roar. Who in our midfield takes control ? We don’t have it in us. I am so sure of it that if we take even 4 points from our remaining games, I will happily buy a Forest shirt. 

It’s over. It was over 3 weeks ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I mean, it is like everything that can go wrong has.

We had so many chances to get points but dropped them ourselves.  Recently, Leeds, Everton.

Brighton losing to our opponents while beating top 6 clubs. Deliberate?

Wolves almost wanted Everton to score and Everton did.

Wolves don’t mind us going down.

Makes them look better as we’ve outperformed them since we were in the Prem with them.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Coping mechanisms for some people, I assume it's easier to rue 'luck' of others.

???

Whilst there’s a chance there’s a chance. Don’t think anyone is doubting that we fully deserve to go down.

But whilst there’s still a slight possibility obviously a lot of supporters are going to be disappointed at one of our relegation rivals grabbing a last minute point. 

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

I don’t understand why this is difficult to comprehend. If we lose to Newcastle (likely), we go in to the last game needing to win. IF we could do that then we stay up now only if Everton lose. Before that point we’d stay up in that scenario if Everton lose or draw. That is absolutely changing something for us.

The point has meant there was a combination of results that would have kept us up which now relegates us. It’s mathematical fact at this point. 

Do you really think two draws would have kept us up? The key was that Everton didn't win as it would certainly have taken two wins to stay up and that's before we consider what Leeds may do tomorrow. 

Realistically it was always going to take 2 wins to stay up! 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is that not a good thing in the way of thinking they might be caught off guard and/or going into the game abit too comfortable?

I mean we're not going to anything for ourselves so it's an implausible scenario.

All will be clearer Monday night after our game, there target isn't to finish above us but two more teams. I'm just hoping Forest are still catchable for us going into the last day as then we'll have a real chance.

That Everton equaliser was a killer for us.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying.  We lose and we will not be in control of our destiny. Whilst there is a razor thin chance, there’s still a chance..

If this is two seasons ago, winning two games in a row may be possible. But we have lost control many games ago and we really needed other results to go our way, which haven’t.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Well I’ll be grinning like a Cheshire Cat come Monday when we shock Newcastle and shithouse a win, and we end up out of the bottom three. 

If you keep insisting, i will keep replying

image.png.a75f82ef4af70b5ba0a514df473460ad.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know crazy results happen but no one can truly believe our defence keeps out Newcastle or beats West Ham. They’ve buckled every year whenever they’ve heard a roar. Who in our midfield takes control ? We don’t have it in us. I am so sure of it that if we take even 4 points from our remaining games, I will happily buy a Forest shirt. 

It’s over. It was over 3 weeks ago.

I can very much see us beating West Ham. I'd even make us marginal favourites, especially given none of their players are gonna want to get hurt before a cup final. 

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, shailen said:

Do you really think two draws would have kept us up? The key was that Everton didn't win as it would certainly have taken two wins to stay up and that's before we consider what Leeds may do tomorrow. 

Realistically it was always going to take 2 wins to stay up! 

Did you read what I wrote? I never said anything about two draws.

What you think or believe will happen at this point is irrelevant - this is a simple mathematical truth - a route to survival has been taken off the table, that reduces our odds of survival. 

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

If this is two seasons ago, winning two games in a row may be possible. But we have lost control many games ago and we really needed other results to go our way, which haven’t.

we win our last two games, we can still stay up. It’s as simple as that. Just hope the players haven’t given up like you have. I know their play suggests otherwise, but they have to cling on to the fact there’s a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

That game has already been played apparently and Everton have avoided defeat 

If we get a point at Newcastle, can't imagine Goodison being particularly positive on the final day if they hear we've gone ahead and they're sitting on a draw.

Just now, MPH said:

we win our last two games, we can still stay up. It’s as simple as that. Just hope the players haven’t given up like you have. I know their play suggests otherwise, but they have to cling on to the fact there’s a chance. 

They’ve 100% given up 

• Like 1