Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, MPH said:

You said it yourself… crazy results happen.. No one in their right mind would think we are better than Newcastle or have a better team or play better…. But we have to have the same logic a non league team has against a prem team in the FA cup….. crazy results happen!

They do mate. I agree. But we don’t have a team. This team reminds me of Newcastle side that was in free fall the year we pulled off the great escape. Or the QPR we spanked 5-1 last game. Watford last year. They are not there anymore. 

No one is looking over their shoulder thinking oh Leicester might come. Very few in our squad are looking at it thinking we can do this. The Liverpool game was our chance of a special result. Home, evening game. Good start. We threw it, live we’ve done many many times before. These players just don’t have it in them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

I think we win that too. Everyones talking about West Ham like they are frikin Inter or something. 

I've thought for the last 10 weeks or so that the one thing I fancy is 3 points last day. 

But, we are gonna need a point v Geordies now. Our best hope of a point is being 2 or 3 up with a minute to play, and we throw it away

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Newcastle basically have top 4 secured with that Liverpool result. Maybe just maybe they'll take the foot off the gas and only beat us by 5 goals, instead of 6.

Not when we smash them 5-0

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sishades said:

No, they are just being realistic.

People seem so angry with the club, it's like they think we should go down. In terms of being realistic and who deserves to go down, we will see who the bottom three is after 38 games, I guess....

11 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Would have taken Everton drawing before that kicked off. We can still finish above them on GD if they lose next week and we beat West Ham.

How likely is that though? Plus Leeds getting points is highly likely.

8 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Well it's really quite simple.

20% of 90 minutes is 18 minutes. If there's 18 minutes of stoppages, they add that 18 minutes on at the end.

That's how.

There wasn’t 18 minutes of fairies pretending to be hurt.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have I missed something here but Everton getting that point means we are as good as down doesn’t it?

We ain’t getting nowt at Newcastle and Everton will beat Bournemouth on the last day.

It looks good as over 

If that scenario plays out then today's result doesn't make any difference.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think we win that too. Everyones talking about West Ham like they are frikin Inter or something. 

All routes to safety have to assume we beat West Ham, we're pretty much toast if we don't because only a win at Newcastle is good enough for any other permutation. 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Curious as to when it was over as you say?

For me it’s when we won neither of the two ‘must win’ games against Leeds and Everton, and then subsequently the ‘must win’ game against Fulham. They were our last plausible opportunities of the points I think we’d need to stay up.

6 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Did you read what I wrote? I never said anything about two draws.

What you think or believe will happen at this point is irrelevant - this is a simple mathematical truth - a route to survival has been taken off the table, that reduces our odds of survival. 

That's not the point I'm making. Our approach should have been always to win both games regardless of what happened elsewhere and barring Leeds winning tomorrow, a win on Monday and it's in our own hands. 

Of course the goal makes a difference to our chances, but assuming Leeds don't win tomorrow it's still in our own hands! 

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’ll reiterate, don’t do it to yourselves. It’s over. Been over for a long time. 

The vast majority of us have an emotional connection to the club so we cant help it. Most of know we are almost definitely doomed but despite logic when there is a mathematical chance there is still hope albeit small.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know crazy results happen but no one can truly believe our defence keeps out Newcastle or beats West Ham. They’ve buckled every year whenever they’ve heard a roar. Who in our midfield takes control ? We don’t have it in us. I am so sure of it that if we take even 4 points from our remaining games, I will happily buy a Forest shirt. 

It’s over. It was over 3 weeks ago.

Well it's not over is it, that's clearly just a downright misrepresentation of the situation.

• Haha 1

Maybe the league wants a final day to remember. Newcastle lose to us, then pool still has an outside chance against united (maybe) and newcastle (maybe) to sneak 4th... bring on the fix!

Newcastle get a dodgy red and we win 4-1. Takes the GD between pool and newcastle down to 4... the  final day seeing as southampton are already relegated they get a red so pool can run up the score. 

Chelsea get a last minute goal to beat newcastle.....

Then we draw west ham while leeds and forest loses both games and are relegated.

Dreaming again.

Essentially, relegated on monday isnt it? Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Are you saying Newcastle would fix the match to get first dibs on James Maddison?

Read some whacky shit on here man but come on.

What do you think? Are you living in some kind of fantasy land where everyone is honest and has morals? If you believe nothing is going behind the scenes in football or other aspects of life you need to jump off this cloud immediately. 

8 minutes ago, martyn said:

If you can't comprehend why Everton turning 0 points at 98 mins into 1 point at 99 mons makes relegation statistically more likely then not much I can say.

Again, it puts much more stock on actually getting a result at Newcastle so that Everton need to win on the final day to be sure of survival rather than just a point.

But, like I’ve said….. if you entertain for a second that Leeds can drop points too… draw or lose. That puts Leeds on 31 or 32 points and Everton on 33.

Again, theoretically if we produce a shock result and beat Newcastle that puts us on 33, with a far superior goal difference we go above Everton and out of the bottom three… then we go into the last game of the season out of the bottom three, and a win keeps us safe. So I do not know why you keep babbling on about Everton needing just a point to be safe…. That will be the case if we lose to Newcastle, on Monday, which is on Monday, today is Saturday which is before Monday and not after Monday, so as things stand, on this very Saturday Everton will need more than this one magical point you keep referring too. If on Monday, we’ve lost, then yes, Everton will only need a point to stay up. 

Edited by Pliskin

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

FFS, that's a massive point for Everton, means they can afford to draw versus Bournemouth assuming we lose at Newcastle and beat West Ham.

We have to get a point at Newcastle now just to keep everyone honest. Forest will be in reach assuming they lose today and Leeds also need 4pts from two to stay above us.

The strange thing is if Howe and Smith could shake hands on a point now they'd both do it without thinking twice. Maybe it will favour us if we go into the last 5 mins still drawing?

I hope not. We need it in our hands we’d be the biggest fools in the game if we settled for a point imo 

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That would put us on 33. I don’t see it. West Ham will score. We will make at least one heartbreaking mistakes. But even if we do, Everton will not lose at home to already safe Bournemouth. They might be push to a draw but that takes them to 34. I might sound incredibly negative but I’m just being realistic. Even if we get the “boys tried and just fell short” media posts after West Ham. The Newcastle defeat will do us. 

33 points has a reasonably high chance of safety for us. Weeks ago I said this, forget Everton, they probably were always going to get safe after we left them off the hook. 

But Forest's last two games against Arsenal and Palace away are extremely hard for them. 

West Ham at home is more winnable for us than either of those games are for Forest and Leeds have West Ham and Tottenham. 

Obviously all of those games are winnable for all of those teams. It's the Premier League, everyone can beat everyone that's why it's entertaining. 

But talking about what's LIKELY? We're nowhere near as "down" as people have been making out for the last couple weeks. 

Obviously if Arsenal bottle this then it's over but until then 🤷

EDIT: I can't count. Forest have 34 not 33.

Edited by Finnegan

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

What do you think? Are you living in some kind of fantasy land where everyone is honest and has morals? If you believe nothing is going behind the scenes in football or other aspects of life you need to jump off this cloud immediately. 

There is a huge step from parking on a yellow line to fixing football matches 

please don’t spend your life diving down rabbit holes…… it’s too short as it is 

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

Forest will  beat Arsenal. There fans and team are both up for it, and we have seen plenty of fight from them to suggest that they will stay up. 

It’s still Arsenal though, they haven’t averaged over 2 points a game and scored 83 goals for nothing. I’d be surprised if Arsenal don’t stick 3 or 4 past them. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1