Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

The missed pen against Everton completely done us we score thta pretty sure we would have gone on to win and doubt Everton would have beaten Brighton the week after. Maybe if daka shoots against Leeds instead of passing to vardy offside we get a win against Leeds as well. Ah well not like we haven’t had enough chances to sort out selves  out just haven’t been good enough 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

no-ones saying that. so, imagine Leeds draw both their remaining games, we lose v Newcastle and beat West ham, Everton draw v Bournemouth. who stays up? who would have stayed up if wolves had won today 

I get the point but Everton could easily have won that game. All I want is to have it in our own hands and if Leeds fail to win then it most certainly is. Obviously it could have been a different scenario had they lost but the players should hopefully be lifted that's it's still in our own hands (before Leeds tomorrow). 

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

They do mate. I agree. But we don’t have a team. This team reminds me of Newcastle side that was in free fall the year we pulled off the great escape. Or the QPR we spanked 5-1 last game. Watford last year. They are not there anymore. 

No one is looking over their shoulder thinking oh Leicester might come. Very few in our squad are looking at it thinking we can do this. The Liverpool game was our chance of a special result. Home, evening game. Good start. We threw it, live we’ve done many many times before. These players just don’t have it in them. 

I get everything you’re saying, I really do.

And they’ve done nothing to suggest we can pull this off. But the players can’t go into these last two games thinking we are already down. They just cant. And it’s a time like this that they need the fans. We HAVE to support them. Especially those going to the game of course lol

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

The missed pen against Everton completely done us we score thta pretty sure we would have gone on to win and doubt Everton would have beaten Brighton the week after. Maybe if daka shoots against Leeds instead of passing to vardy offside we get a win against Leeds as well. Ah well not like we haven’t had enough chances to sort out selves  out just haven’t been good enough 

Totally agree….That pen miss was massive…..gave Everton impetus to go beat Brighton…..did us in mentally for sure.

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Absolutely. We’ve had so many chances despite our overall decline. We’ve failed to take far too many, and we absolutely deserve to drop

As it stands there’s no way we can get relegated on Monday, unless Newcastle tonk us by about 15.

We’re obviously not going to survive, barring some kind of miracle, so we could well be bowing out on the last day knowing Coventry are on their way up to take our place.