Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

It just shite how bad a manager can ruin something and not play to any players strength. We iverson instead of ward and cags instead of amartey play mendy more and use nacho and vardy together the right way no way would we be in this mess . Maybe it wouldn’t have been a great season but we would be safe now just disgusting how any one can’t or choose not to see what is going on and not want to change it for the better . Stupid stubborn c*** of a man Rodgers is 

Ok!

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

I get everything you’re saying, I really do.

And they’ve done nothing to suggest we can pull this off. But the players can’t go into these last two games thinking we are already down. They just cant. And it’s a time like this that they need the fans. We HAVE to support them. Especially those going to the game of course lol

I’ll support. Absolutely. But I guarantee with 25 mins against Newcs it will over. With 40 against WH it will be over. 

• Sad 1

Arsenal not looking good, and to be honest Forest are sh1t but are continuing to sh1thouse points.  Not sure where i see Arsenal going from here. They are going to have to make some serious overpriced signings to compete top 4 next year. That mid tier (Trossard etc) isn't going to help them complete. With Champions League next year its going to be a toughie for them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ll support. Absolutely. But I guarantee with 25 mins against Newcs it will over. With 40 against WH it will be over. 

It's not within your power to guarantee anything. 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Chelmofox said:

Arsenal not looking good, and to be honest Forest are sh1t but are continuing to sh1thouse points.  Not sure where i see Arsenal going from here. They are going to have to make some serious overpriced signings to compete top 4 next year. That mid tier (Trossard etc) isn't going to help them complete. With Champions League next year its going to be a toughie for them. 

To be fair, with this squad, Arsenal have punched well above their weight. You’re right, the Trossards and the Xhaka’s are mid tier players. Where they have REALLY suffered is losing Saliba, who I think is an exceptional CB.

They’ll do it slowly though I think and gradually build. 

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It just shite how bad a manager can ruin something and not play to any players strength. We iverson instead of ward and cags instead of amartey play mendy more and use nacho and vardy together the right way no way would we be in this mess . Maybe it wouldn’t have been a great season but we would be safe now just disgusting how any one can’t or choose not to see what is going on and not want to change it for the better . Stupid stubborn c*** of a man Rodgers is 

He's worse than Peter Taylor.  He didn't have the players and was incompetent.  Rodgers had the players and was still incompetent. 

That's inept imo.  And he was paid millions to go about his job in an incompetent way.  Scandalous.

• Like 1

Yep, fair play to forest. What they have lacked in quality they have made up for with team spirit and fight.

Fair play to Everton too, I know that amount of added time is questionable, but atleast they've spent it all fighting for a goal.

We can't show fight in 9 minutes out of 90, let alone 9 minutes on top of 90.

The league table is honest and fair in my opinion. Like it or not Southampton, us and Leeds are the worse 3 teams.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shailen said:

I get the point but Everton could easily have won that game. All I want is to have it in our own hands and if Leeds fail to win then it most certainly is. Obviously it could have been a different scenario had they lost but the players should hopefully be lifted that's it's still in our own hands (before Leeds tomorrow). 

they could have but that's not the point. the late equaliser means there are fewer permutations in which we stay up, it objectively changes things for us negatively

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair, with this squad, Arsenal have punched well above their weight. You’re right, the Trossards and the Xhaka’s are mid tier players. Where they have REALLY suffered is losing Saliba, who I think is an exceptional CB.

Meanwhile when we play them we get 1 shot off all game. The number of opposition fans that were saying we were the worst team theyve played this season is staggering. 

This game is a scrap and arses are not scrappers. They like time and space and play silky football. They look like they are really not enjoying this game. Forest will keep doing this for 90 min. Our Leicester players can’t even do it for 9 min!

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

They haven't exactly built slowly, they've spent a fair bit haven't they.

Next year this time we'll be celebrating a promotion and Forest will already have been relegated.

Swings and roundabouts. Let them enjoy the moment. They haven't had much to shout about for a quarter of a century. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Meanwhile when we play them we get 1 shot off all game. The number of opposition fans that were saying we were the worst team theyve played this season is staggering. 

It really shouldn’t be that staggering as we’re 19th and heading for a ge drop, but I do get your point. We’ve been so passive and ineffective in games it’s embarrassing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Writing was on the wall after the first 7 games, no serious club in the Premier league should stand for that. 

But:

• It was too early.
  • We are too good to go down.
  • There are 3 worse teams than us.
  • Be careful what you wish for.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

they could have but that's not the point. the late equaliser means there are fewer permutations in which we stay up, it objectively changes things for us negatively

It does affect us negatively but shouldn't hopefully change our approach. I get that we now have to win at least one of our remaining games to catch Everton but I think that simplifies our approach to these games hopefully. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They haven't exactly built slowly, they've spent a fair bit haven't they.

That’s what I think they’ll do from now Tom. They have the nucleus of the squad they want and will build it gradually now I think. 
Can’t see them going out and signing three 75 mill players for instance. 
I think they’ll spend but do it carefully.