Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Matt said:

But:

• It was too early.
  • We are too good to go down.
  • There are 3 worse teams than us.
  • Be careful what you wish for.

That was all plastered over this forum for months Matt. Amartey is ‘good enough’, Forest have signed too many players, Schmeichel was ‘past it’, Soumare will ‘come good’. 

All rubbish I’m afraid, by the looks of it. 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Forest stats from that first half:

19% possession

87 passes,

53% pass accuracy

lollollol

This is peak Jose housery. 

1 goal scored.

0 goal(s) conceded.

It's what you do with the ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That was all plastered over this forum for months Matt. Amartey is ‘good enough’, Forest have signed too many players, Schmeichel was ‘past it’, Soumare will ‘come good’. 

100%

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Forest stats from that first half:

19% possession

87 passes,

53% pass accuracy

lollollol

This is peak Jose housery. 

Not watching but hopefully Arsenal have a bit of pride and don't tamely give the title to Man City tonight. They could still lose the title by 13pts which would make it look ridiculous that this was ever a proper title race much like Tottenham imploded against us in our title win.

3 minutes ago, Derby Blue said:

Maddison's missed penalty a couple of weeks ago could well be the most expensive missed penalty in our history.

I'd argue the Knockaert penalty cost us a bit at the time... Difference  being that directly contributed to the outcome, while Maddison's miss in isolation is just one of a huge number of misfires we've had to lead us to where we now are.

• Like 3

Fair play to Forest tbf, they’ve looked destined for the drop all season but rolled their sleeves up and got stuck into the fight over the last few weeks especially with some tricky games

If only we did the same. The board should be refused entry to the West Ham game or really hope the whole of the KP give them abuse all game. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Won't start an argument here brother because people are bored of reading it and we're beyond it but, and I cannot stress this enough - nobody who defended Amartey thought he was good enough to start 20+ league games for us at centre half this season.

• Like 2

Again - compare this to what we've served up in the last couple of games. Compare this to what we served up at home to Arsenal.

We are without any shadow of a doubt one of the three worst sides. I've long made peace with us going down. Just a double whammy that Forest will stay up, and a triple that Coventry will probably go up.

It's going to take something utterly remarkable for next season to be worse than this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I'd argue the Knockaert penalty cost us a bit at the time... Difference  being that directly contributed to the outcome, while Maddison's miss in isolation is just one of a huge number of misfires we've had to lead us to where we now are.

Had we gone 3-1 up v Everton do you think k we would have seen the game out . Probably ends 3-3

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Again - compare this to what we've served up in the last couple of games. Compare this to what we served up at home to Arsenal.

We are without any shadow of a doubt one of the three worst sides. I've long made peace with us going down. Just a double whammy that Forest will stay up, and a triple that Coventry will probably go up.

It's going to take something utterly remarkable for next season to be worse than this.

Relegated to League One while Derby pass us on their way up? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Quite the climbdown from you. :)

so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance.jpg

There is always a chance. That’s what being a fan is. We could be playing Real Madrid in the champions league semi with Barry Hayles and Mark Devries upfront. Brian Carey and Richard Smith in defence and every single fan here would still think, what if. 

But is there a realistic chance ? No, I don’t think there is. I’ve seen us go down before. I watch Forest (I still think they’ll lose) and that fight, organisation is genuinely missing from our side. We need to leave SJP in the best shape possible. Beat West Ham. Hope Everton lose and Leeds lose and maybe draw. I don’t think we’ll do our part let alone the others, that’s it. 

But, I, like everyone else is hoping realism escapes the foxes one more time.