Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Will be interesting to see Leeds tomorrow. West Ham are there for the taking. Its a good time to play them. At the very least Sam will sh1thouse a draw. 

I’d imagine Leeds will try for the win , they will assume Everton will beat Bournemouth next week, a win tomorrow with Spurs on the last day puts them in the box seat. A draw for Leeds tomorrow would make it very unlikely they’d stay up. Skys dream final day Dyche vs Allardyce! 

At least we won't have to see a post-match Guardiola getting emotional, saying how tough it was and it's a remarkable achievement as though they shouldn't be winning the league with the two squads of title potential teams they can field 

• Like 1

Steve Cooper! My man! 

What an effort, very good manager who looks like he still has potential to move higher.

I find it wild that this squad is in this position. Crazy. Monumental mismanagement that was ignored and laughed off by most until about 3 months ago 

Iversen and Soy would likely have been the difference between a bad season and unforgivable season.

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

At least we won't have to see a post-match Guardiola getting emotional, saying how tough it was and it's a remarkable achievement as though they shouldn't be winning the league with the two squads of title potential teams they can field 

so good so so good

Every day I dislike our club more and more.

When the inevitable happens I hope Everton come with. There’s some weird solace to be found in another established PL club going down. 

Softens the blow a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hope that Leeds beat west ham now so Everton go down with us. 

I kind of want them to go down too but Everton under Dyche in the Championship will probably be a force. Southampton too if they get a decent manager. In terms of club size and squad quality (even though we haven't seen much of it this season) that's a whopping trio of sides to go down. 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

You don't mean that, surely? 

We need Leeds to lose or draw. 

If I had any hope wed stay up then of course want Leeds to lose mate but it's so unlikely now, we need at least 4 points and probably 6 and would like to see Dyche and Everton join us

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

I kind of want them to go down too but Everton under Dyche in the Championship will probably be a force. Southampton too if they get a decent manager. In terms of club size and squad quality (even though we haven't seen much of it this season) that's a whopping trio of sides to go down. 

That's a good point. Not sure we'll be in contention of going up though! 

11 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I think it’s us and Everton that are going. I fancy Leeds to pick up a couple of wins in their last two games.

I think you're right. The fixtures have fallen kindly for Leeds. West Hams season is basically the conference final in a couple of weeks, and I don't think they will be busting a gut, and then they finish with Spurs at home, who like us, have already checked out.

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, just like Chelsea won the league for us? 

Exactly! Except the media darlings won't of cause see it that way. Anyway congrats Man City I guess and Awoniyi for win in it for them :D

55 minutes ago, Onions said:

It’s almost like not sacking your manager blindly is the smarter moan, Forest & West Ham showing this 

Yes this is why Crystal Palace, Wolves, Villa, Bournemouth and Everton (?) are also going down…..

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lineker's as bad at Twitter as Maddison. Look at the way the likes of Alan Shearer promotes his club, yet Lineker, the most known Leicester fan does everything in his power to reinforce the narrative that we're this nothing club that are lucky to even dare compete for a spot in the league.

Its bad enough to do when we're challenging for top 4 but its madness when you're talking about our status as a premier league team. If anything I think we've earned the right to say us going down wouldnt be far off Everton going down in terms of overall stature especially when considering recent achievements.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

You look at the desire Morgan Gibbs-white played with and the way he and others were whipping up the crowd throughout the game then compare that to our players they completely lack that kind of enthusiasm and hunger to win.