Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its bad enough to do when we're challenging for top 4 but its madness when you're talking about our status as a premier league team. If anything I think we've earned the right to say us going down wouldnt be far off Everton going down in terms of overall stature especially when considering recent achievements.

Everton have been circling the drain for years, similar to Villa when they went down in 15/16

The only relegation similar on a scale to ours is probably Leeds when they dropped in 2004, though they had financial meltdown 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattFox said:

Everton have been circling the drain for years, similar to Villa when they went down in 15/16

The only relegation similar on a scale to ours is probably Leeds when they dropped in 2004, though they had financial meltdown 

I'd probably say we're more like Blackburn tbh. Aside from obviously both being PL champions, Blackburn had only a couple seasons of midtable and finished top 6 a lot.

The season before Leeds went down in 2004, they just stayed up. Compared to Blackburn who didn't have a season of fighting relegation just like us.

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think given the speed of it it's worse. Everton going down is obviously a massive story but I think the narrative Lineker pushes reinforces the idea that this was an inevitability.

Nobody should be capable of winning the league in this era and be relegated 7 years later. That's an unprecedented level of **** up in this day and age.

It's narrative like Lineker's that pushes the idea that this is in any way acceptable - and it also pushes an idea that we haven't progressed as a club in the last ten years, which is obviously absolute horse shit.

8 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Yeah fair points. Our sequence will be 5th, 5th, 8th and probably 19th.

Guest Mee-9

Fair play to Forest.

Ballsy call to keep Cooper, but paid off.

Highlights how messed up our club is.  

Edited by Mee-9

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

You don't agree that Arsenal were in imperious form when we played them?

Fair do's, but I can't agree.

No. They had just lost to Everton, drew with Brentford and needed last minute goals to beat Villa (who were bottom half) and Bournemouth in games around ours.

There was a chance to give them a challenge and we didn't.

After the West Ham game,  let's retire this thread as a reminder that one day it will reopen on our return. 

9 years of joy, ground breaking achievements, records broken, the impossible achieve over and over again  but it all ends in a whimper. We shall never be forgotten. The years of the fox has come to an end. 

We are as good as gone..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Every day I dislike our club more and more.

When the inevitable happens I hope Everton come with. There’s some weird solace to be found in another established PL club going down. 

Softens the blow a bit.

Yeah it's called schadenfreude l believe...softens the blow about 1% for me, but not the realisation that we are far and away the most badly run club in the prem and possibly all 4 leagues!

Our clueless owner is like the lottery winner who p!ssed and gambled away a fortune and is now on the street.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

No. They had just lost to Everton, drew with Brentford and needed last minute goals to beat Villa (who were bottom half) and Bournemouth in games around ours.

There was a chance to give them a challenge and we didn't.

They were top of the league. They had everything to play for. Saka's form hadn't yet fallen off a cliff.  Ramsdale wasn't making howlers.  Even Xhaka was playing decently, and, I think most importantly for Arsenal, Saliba hadn't yet been injured.

I can't agree that Everton getting one of their freak results and Brentford who were ticking nicely, taking points off Arsenal, and Villa running them close, negates my point.

I'm not suggesting our poor timing in facing Arsenal has relegated us - far from it, we've been gash most of the season, but I maintain that we faced a far tougher prospect in our home game against Arsenal than Notts Forest did.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
59 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think given the speed of it it's worse. Everton going down is obviously a massive story but I think the narrative Lineker pushes reinforces the idea that this was an inevitability.

Nobody should be capable of winning the league in this era and be relegated 7 years later. That's an unprecedented level of **** up in this day and age.

It's narrative like Lineker's that pushes the idea that this is in any way acceptable - and it also pushes an idea that we haven't progressed as a club in the last ten years, which is obviously absolute horse shit.

Yes it is complete horseshit.

Leicester being relegated was miles away from being inevitable or expected.

It’s down to club mismanagement at a huge level. Right across the board.

Just now, Col city fan said:

100%

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

From the situation we were in, we shouldn’t have been relegated so quickly - but it is inevitable for clubs of our size. Similar clubs such as Southampton, Stoke and West Brom have had good runs  but it always comes to an end. It only leaves Palace and they can’t keep relying on Hodgson.

I'm just trying to think, has every club outside of Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man United been relegated in the last 30+ years? 

I'd be interested to know the average tenure of clubs. Newcastle and Villa must surely have the longest time served. 

Just now, fox_up_north said:

I'm just trying to think, has every club outside of Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man United been relegated in the last 30+ years? 

I'd be interested to know the average tenure of clubs. Newcastle and Villa must surely have the longest time served. 

No. Brentford and Brighton haven't been relegated from the "Premier League". 

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

That’s it  ..  that’s just fvckin well it !!  ..  we’re fvckin down ..  fvckin Forest staying up !! ..  fvckin load of fvck !!! 

The weather is nice though.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lineker's as bad at Twitter as Maddison. Look at the way the likes of Alan Shearer promotes his club, yet Lineker, the most known Leicester fan does everything in his power to reinforce the narrative that we're this nothing club that are lucky to even dare compete for a spot in the league.

I really do not understand it. "Leicester back to being Leicester". Ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lineker's as bad at Twitter as Maddison. Look at the way the likes of Alan Shearer promotes his club, yet Lineker, the most known Leicester fan does everything in his power to reinforce the narrative that we're this nothing club that are lucky to even dare compete for a spot in the league.

I never met the guy but I know a few that have, and all say he's an arse. There doesn't seem to be much genuine about him. It's disappointing as he was obviously a hero of mine growing up, well after Larry May and Alan Young.

• Like 1