Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Matt said:

How tepid do the videos emerging of Man City fans celebrating look?

I get they're playing today and their 'real' celebrations will be at the game but you'd have imagined they'd (the fans) have been partying last night around the stadium.

True, they always seem pretty unpassionate bunch though.  Most fans in England seem to be that way.  I think for most its just 'entertainment'.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Tbf to them their big one will be against Inter, that's what they'll be looking towards rather than the league.

Yep, guess when you've been spoilt the fans dont even get that excited about winning the league again.....didn't stop the celtic fans though.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf to them their big one will be against Inter, that's what they'll be looking towards rather than the league.

Ah, the competition they boo and had a part in trying to end yet so desperate to win.

Bizarre relationship that club has with that competition.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ah, the competition they boo and had a part in trying to end yet so desperate to win.

Bizarre relationship that club has with that competition.

They believe uefa are out to get them, so from that point of view does make sense. 

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's a very Leicester trait. The self deprecating, woe is me,  kinda personality. 

The amount of people I've met in my life, males, females,.old, young who bookend an intro with 'I'm from Leicester,.it's shit' ....many of our supporters project this loser mentality 

Totally agree. I grew up in Leicester, left 30-years ago and lived in various parts of the country since. There is a self-degrading culture in Leic which doesn’t exist in other parts that have far less to offer. I happily tell people I’m from Leic, home of the greatest sporting story of all time

C’mon LCFC, don’t believe the doubters. 8-days to go… BELIEVE!!

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

For somebody in his position it's an absolute joke. This sounds ridiculous but I think he's got a bigger influence on this sort of thing than people realise - you spread the narrative that imploding like this is acceptable then by extension it sort of becomes true. It takes the pressure off people that should be feeling it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

He's also having digs about them sacking Rodgers. I'd find it mental if a Spurs / Liverpool media commentator came out with that rubbish given the abundantly clear evidence he needed to go, let alone a Leicester fan. That's despite ignoring the fact Villa / Wolves sacked managers and it paid off too.

Couldn't wait to ride Forest either. Twat.

Of course he has influence and people listen to what he says. 

You are now going to hear so much ill informed crap about Rodgers going now Cooper has stayed up despite there being huge differences in their approach, manner, connection with the club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Of course he has influence and people listen to what he says. 

You are now going to hear so much ill informed crap about Rodgers going now Cooper has stayed up despite there being huge differences in their approach, manner, connection with the club. 

Oh absolutely.

Every pundit going will roll out the:

"We didn't back Rogers enough" 

"He should have been given time", whilst having 0 idea of what's happening at the club. 

They won't look at the wage bill, the FFP implications, Covid and fundamentally the break down in our style of play. 

They won't see the 2x failures to gain CL football, because we're "little old Leicester".

And whilst it is true we didn't back him in the summer window, it'll be ignored the amount we had spent and continue to spend on wages.

Fundamentally, it needs to be highlighted that he let the squad get complacent, and the board let him get complacent. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

If we can't stay up, I really hope Leeds do. Sick of Everton. Really is time they had a dose of the Championship.

As tempting as that is, they'd probably go straight back up, and I think Southampton have a good chance of doing so as well. I'd rather go down with Leeds.

1 hour ago, Trent Steel said:

So is mine and I live in Nottingham too, I must of had about 100 abusive texts since 8pm last night and I have only just woken up!

I feel your pain, exactly the same boat. Waking up to videos from the stands and messages mocking me. The annoying thing is, I’ve not given any of them any grief since they came up (even before a ball was kicked) 

They only hate Derby though…..

Now that the red sh1t are staying up, I don't really care who goes down with us. I've been resigned to relegation for weeks now, and yet a little part of me is still hoping for a miracle. Is there still time to fly the monks in before Monday night?

Cooper stated yesterday after the game that the possession based style is not working now days and goes for a more aggressive, fast paced style.. another nail in our coffin as we have been playing possession based football all season.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s pretty clear that Man City have cheated their way to continued success, and I’m asking myself whether we want to be in a league that is basically a joke:

I remember when they were supposed to be banned from Europe, then got away with a little fine; meaning we missed out. Equivalent of doping - however there’s no way you can stop it. My whole pessimistic view on it is that FFP is just a means to stop other clubs challenging the ‘top 4’. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Enjoying seeing Liverpool kick up that Mings wasn't sent off for his high kick against Gakpo, but were all silent when Jota kicked Skipp in the head 

Yeah, I've seen that because Jota got the ball first it was fine. So did Mings and it wasn't in the face lol

I will be honest since the Fulham game (I accepted relegation well before that) I haven't kept an eye on other games around us whilst they are being played, and it's been quite refreshing 

I get why folk will hang on and watch the games of Everton, Leeds and Forest (not so much now after last night) and hope they slip up, but absolutely nothing that we have offered this season has given me any hope we can capitalise on other teams mistakes, they have all stepped up when it mattered, we have gone back into our shells and cowered like wounded animals 

The players can post positivity on their Instagram accounts all they want, but it's so hollow and pointless, if they wanted to drag us out of the situation we are in, they would have fully commited and started playing like it months ago 

Had someone try to banter me last week about us getting relegated soon, to which I replied there is no way anyone can banter me at all, it's been a slow death since after the world cup, it's what we have all been expecting for a long time, so when it inevitably happens, for me personally it will be quite a relief from what's been a complete waste of time season 

I have even came to the realisation that we may not come back up for a while, I'm cool with that, as long as we attempt to play decent football and not go on runs where we win 1 game in 15, I will be quite contempt 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, bongo92 said:

I remember when they were supposed to be banned from Europe, then got away with a little fine; meaning we missed out. Equivalent of doping - however there’s no way you can stop it. My whole pessimistic view on it is that FFP is just a means to stop other clubs challenging the ‘top 4’. 

This.  If the leagues are impotent in punishing the rulebreakers, then it merely reinforces its impact.  Which is why you can hardly blame other clubs from joining in...  My own feeling about this are that it's too late to do anything meaningful for anything that has happened, and all that is possible is to tighten up any policing and enforcement of the rules going forward, along with increasing penalties - if that's what they truly want to do, which is doubtful...

The moment football became a rich person's plaything, this type of thing was inevitable, and FFP was never going to be enough to stop it - so it then became a way of preventing others from catching up - like a lot of such rules do, so the real problem, of course, is if we really want to consider rich, private ownership of football clubs to BE a problem to be solved in the first place :P

6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

This.  If the leagues are impotent in punishing the rulebreakers, then it merely reinforces its impact.  Which is why you can hardly blame other clubs from joining in...  My own feeling about this are that it's too late to do anything meaningful for anything that has happened, and all that is possible is to tighten up any policing and enforcement of the rules going forward, along with increasing penalties - if that's what they truly want to do, which is doubtful...

The moment football became a rich person's plaything, this type of thing was inevitable, and FFP was never going to be enough to stop it - so it then became a way of preventing others from catching up - like a lot of such rules do, so the real problem, of course, is if we really want to consider rich, private ownership of football clubs to BE a problem to be solved in the first place :P

Ironically the solution is the Super League  but would need them to relinquish any interest in the PL. Let them bugger off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ironically the solution is the Super League  but would need them to relinquish any interest in the PL. Let them bugger off.

That would be one solution, yes :D   How long do we think it would last, though? :P 

30 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Thing is you’ve also got Everton being investigated for FFP breaches and Newcastle appearing to have misled the Premier League on their ownership having no direct connection with the Saudi government. 

Feels like the PL has lost control and hoping these issues just go away. 

• Like 2