Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Difference between a player coming through the academy and giving a damn about the club.

Tielemans is an Anderlecht product, Leicester is just a paycheck? Madders will be more interested in Coventry winning the play-offs than us staying up

Not necessarily, can you tell me Barnes is giving a damn?  

I'd also argue Tielemans was at his lowest in his career and had been swapped to an in-demand player until lately. Maddison has been given the platform to grow from an up and coming  championship player to a solid upper Prem player. They all know they owe the club for their development, and I'm actually surprised with how little they seem to care

7 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Wait - why would one expect Leeds to lose to west ham today. For one the odds were pretty much the same for each to win. But even aside from that based on circumstances I certainly wouldn’t expect Leeds to lose today. 

You may be right... adjusting for motivation.  In which case we will be lucky if wham win

If Leeds lose this then a point at Newcastle is probably a good result for us, I'm aware it's out of our hands but our implied chance of safety will improve. 

If Leeds get a draw then it's a bit much to ask that we win on the last day and Everton and Leeds don't.

• Like 1

Modicum of hope if Leeds lose today.

Spurs could turn up at Elland Road and Bournemouth have shown that they can be ruthless to struggling teams, and we all know how Goodison can turn toxic if Everton are playing poorly. 

Never heard so much shit in my life, it’s a world class training facility most in the premier league would love to train there and people are using it as an excuse to how we have performed or saying it’s part of the problem 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

If Leeds lose this then a point at Newcastle is probably a good result for us, I'm aware it's out of our hands but our implied chance of safety will improve. 

If Leeds get a draw then it's a bit much to ask that we win on the last day and Everton and Leeds don't.

Despite how shit we have been all season, it's still in our hands if we win both our games. The fact that every Leicester fan knows that won't happen is why we keep looking at other results for the last 2 months.

Fun fact: It's not impossible for us, Everton and Leeds to be separated by goal difference.

Leeds - Draw today and against Spurs.

Everton - Lose at home to Bournemouth.

Leicester- Win one and lose one of our remaining games.

Would put 17th, 18th and 19th on 33 points a piece. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Fun fact: It's not impossible for us, Everton and Leeds to be separated by goal difference.

Leeds - Draw today and against Spurs.

Everton - Lose at home to Bournemouth.

Leicester- Win one and lose one of our remaining games.

Would put 17th, 18th and 19th on 33 points a piece. 

Or Leeds win one & lose one

Everton draw with Bournemouth

& we win one & draw one

Would put 17th, 18th and 19th on 34 points a piece.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

& we win one & draw one

Can see the first two happening tbf.

9 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

& we win one & draw one

Well let's hope the relegation issue is decided by GD and we just happen to be involved in that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Say it quietly, but Leeds look almost as gutless as us. Allardyce given far too much to do with far too little time.

Please don’t post comments like this, you just know they’ll go and score now lol

• Like 1