Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

They are already down though, we still have a chance

Isn't this a bit like the reverse of the Championship promotion race? Win it early and you can start your business long before the playoff winners, just like we did when we went up in 2014 about five weeks before QPR.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Who gives a sh1t. If we do it we’ve dodge a massive bullet. But it won’t change the wholesale changes needed. Rebuilding in the prem will be much easier than championship. I would celebrate it but hope the club do everything they can to sort out the issues. 

It would be used as a sticking plaster. The socials would wank themselves daft over the SCENES and pretend that all was rosy in the garden until we replaced Maddison, Tielemans and Soyuncu with three of Southampton's starting XI.

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If we manage a miracle and stay up can anyone imagine how bad next season could be? Losing Maddison, Cags, Barnes Tielemans to name but a few. Think it could be even worse than this season. We have championship players now.

That's kind of the problem - putting aside the financial turmoil we'll face, the clear out that is much needed is something I'd rather do in the Championship.

You're going to attract a very questionable caliber of player knowing you're in for another relegation dogfight. Journeymen and cast-offs. It also puts way more pressure on any youth players coming in to perform - Luke Thomas for example may have been a different player entirely if he'd developed properly on loan instead of being thrown in at the deep end against world class wingers.

Not saying I know who exactly my targets would be for a Championship season, but it would certainly help clear out some deadwood clearly here for a payday first and foremost. I'd accept a consolidation season if necessary to rebuild a spine that actually gives a shit.

Ugh. I hate it right now.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

Just now, Bilo said:

Isn't this a bit like the reverse of the Championship promotion race? Win it early and you can start your business long before the playoff winners, just like we did when we went up in 2014 about five weeks before QPR.

True but we have much better resources than most teams in the championship I would imagine, there's plenty of time I know we don't do things very fast but still what 2 months to sort it out.

Guest ChrisWalken456
1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

7 bloody minutes, for what

Did they change the rules this weekend? All the games have had World Cup style injury time.

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lads Newcastle will want to finish CL on their own terms which means we get battered tomorrow. Just face it, it’s done 

Only need a point to confirm it. Both sets of fans would celebrate a 1-1 draw.

• Like 1