Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Lad1966 said:

If this doesn’t motivate the players for tomorrows match to put in a performance tomorrow, then we deserve to go down!

This has happened for the last 4 or 5 weeks whenever some results have gone our way.

And we've not capitalised at all.

We deserve to go down regardless what has happened in the last few weeks anyway, let alone whatever happens tomorrow. So many bad things this club, staff and players have done throughout the season mean we deserve to go down, not what happens this game week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Re added time, Pickford claims it’s negotiable with the ref and that he persuaded him to give so many minutes yesterday :dunno:

Still cracks me up how Nacho ran off when subbed late vs Wolves, we just don’t do it like everyone else :frusty:

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Surely Top could bung the useless gimps 1m each for the starters if they stay up as incentive 

Our match winners stand to lose a lot more if they get injured exerting themselves. Expect another entirely pedestrian performance of faux effort as per the last few weeks. Anything more will be a miracle and a bonus.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

This isn't directed at you personally, but this sort of comment really confuses me.

Cags has barely played this season, Tielemans has been woeful pretty much all season, and Madders it overrated cats pi55 who hasn't performed at all since the world cup. Barnes for all his contributions can't put a defensive shift in (same as Madders). They are all part of the problem that got us to this point.

If (IF!!!) we stay up, we can cash Barnes and Madders and rebuild, and get Tielemans' stupid salary off the books.  Its an opportunity to rid outselves of the deadwood that caused this problem. 

This. 

Plus it’s much easier to rebuild on the prem, more financial flex to sort things out. I’d happily see Madders and Barnes go and sell the fringe players to raise some funds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I was on an incredible journey until the vehicle I was travelling in crashed and set on fire. 

...and you are grateful for the experience. Right.

I swear people think you get deducted points if you lose a game 🤣 it doesn’t matter what everyone else does, we can’t win football matches so it’s irrelevant  

We are down, sack Rudkin, lose most thr mercenaries, start again 

• Like 1

Just now, TMELcfc said:

I swear people think you get deducted points if you lose a game 🤣 it doesn’t matter what everyone else does, we can’t win football matches so it’s irrelevant  

We are down, sack Rudkin, lose most thr mercenaries, start again 

I’ll remind you if this when we shithouse a win against Newcastle tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

West ham under normal circumstances would batter us.  However, if we come out of the traps flying, going in hard on the 50 50s they will soon back off as none of their players will want to miss a major euro final.  If we go in to that game all guns blazing then I think we would win in by virtue of the fact that all their players interests would lie elsewhere.

The problem with that though is that all our players interests lie elsewhere, and has done for months. 

Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’ll remind you if this when we shithouse a win against Newcastle tomorrow. 

Downside is to engage in shithousery, you need to

A) be able to defend 

B) battle and fight for every ball

C) Score a goal