Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But 4 points wouldn't be enough for us if Everton beat Bournemouth. And that would still have been the case even if Everton had lost yesterday.

Oh wow. You (and others) are right. Hahaha. My bad. Carry on. I don’t know why I thought they were on 32 not 33

:: Homer Simpson backing up thru hedges gif ::

13 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

WW = guaranteed stay up

WD = stay up if Everton & Leeds both lose or if Everton and Leeds both fail to win 

WL = stay up if Everton lose and Leeds fail to win 

can someone sense check that? 

If we WD, then Everton will need to win and Leeds can't catch us unless they hit double figures against Spurs. Bottom line is we need something tomorrow. 

I was taken in by it again. I keep saying we are down, no point caring but I just couldn't help celebrating West Ham's goals like I was Danny Dyer. I wil spend all of tomorrow dreaming about some miraculous win tomorrow, but come game time I will realise just how stupid I was. Football is a funny old game. Win away at Newcastle after how awful we have played most of the season?? We couldn't, could we?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I was taken in by it again. I keep saying we are down, no point caring but I just couldn't help celebrating West Ham's goals like I was Danny Dyer. I wil spend all of tomorrow dreaming about some miraculous win tomorrow, but come game time I will realise just how stupid I was. Football is a funny old game. Win away at Newcastle after how awful we have played most of the season?? We couldn't, could we?

No, no and definitely no.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Forest can beat Arsenal, we can beat Newcastle. It’s time for this lot to dig deep. There is quality left in this team, they need to reach into a place they haven’t been since the FA cup final to get if.

Theres life in the old fox yet, and until the maths stops us, we can still get out of this. 

The last dance for this group of players, the last push for this era. We need to be brave. Draw from the experiences that have allowed us to defy the odds of football, come on boys, let’s get into them and **** them up.

Use forests win as an inspiration, one huge push for 90 minutes and we can put it back into our hands again. 

More chance of me getting a phone call from Rachel Riley suggesting we go on a dirty weekend together!! 

• Like 1

Just now, weller54 said:

More chance of me getting a phone call from Rachel Riley suggesting we go on a dirty weekend together!! 

Well, I hope you’ve got your phone close to hand! 

Edited by Pliskin

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Forest can beat Arsenal, we can beat Newcastle. It’s time for this lot to dig deep. There is quality left in this team, they need to reach into a place they haven’t been since the FA cup final to get if.

Theres life in the old fox yet, and until the maths stops us, we can still get out of this. 

The last dance for this group of players, the last push for this era. We need to be brave. Draw from the experiences that have allowed us to defy the odds of football, come on boys, let’s get into them and **** them up.

Use forests win as an inspiration, one huge push for 90 minutes and we can put it back into our hands again. 

STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF!

Edited by Raj

Gotta love foxestalk, I guess when it comes to football you never lose hope but Leicester are finished.

If not mathematically, certainly in the head.

They deserve it and I refuse to believe a single player thinks they can survive.

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We really need to win both. I just don't see Everton not beating Bournemouth at home.

Suspect that's our pessimism talking.

Everyone on here thought Everton were nailed on yesterday and Leeds would put us on the brink against a tired and uninterested West Ham, and they got one (extremely fortunate) point between them.

Bournemouth have been evil to teams in the bottom five this season and have absolutely no pressure on them, while the Goodison crowd will be nervous and likely to turn if Everton start slowly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't worry - we have a cunning plan!

We will play NDidi, Soumare and Tielemans in midfield again. They won't expect that!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don't do this to yourself.

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Suspect that's our pessimism talking.

Everyone on here thought Everton were nailed on yesterday and Leeds would put us on the brink against a tired and uninterested West Ham, and they got one (extremely fortunate) point between them.

Bournemouth have been evil to teams in the bottom five this season and have absolutely no pressure on them, while the Goodison crowd will be nervous and likely to turn if Everton start slowly.

Everton are an implied 65% chance to beat Bournemouth, it's not a done deal. If Calvert Lewin is out they're lacking a lot of their firepower. It will be a nervy last day for all concerned regardless of the Newcastle result.