Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, HarryDee8 said:

Pep has given his youngsters more game time then we've managed this season. 

That there is a model for success

Bit easy when you are sticking in a kid with 10 of the best players in the league.

Add to that Man City have the best Academy in the country.

Just now, Gamble92 said:

You can't knock anyone for being positive. I'd rather see that than pages of misery.

I'd argue it falls in the "delusional" category rather than positive. 

Looking at the situation positively would be something like "At least it's nearly over." or... nope that's all I've got.

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Everton are an implied 65% chance to beat Bournemouth, it's not a done deal. If Calvert Lewin is out they're lacking a lot of their firepower. It will be a nervy last day for all concerned regardless of the Newcastle result.

There seems to be a narrative that Bournemouth will turn up and just meekly roll over so Everton can get on with their annual survival party. Bournemouth have already put seven past Everton in two games and picked up wins against us, Southampton and Leeds in recent weeks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If Forest can beat Arsenal, we can beat Newcastle. It’s time for this lot to dig deep. There is quality left in this team, they need to reach into a place they haven’t been since the FA cup final to get if.

Theres life in the old fox yet, and until the maths stops us, we can still get out of this. 

The last dance for this group of players, the last push for this era. We need to be brave. Draw from the experiences that have allowed us to defy the odds of football, come on boys, let’s get into them and **** them up.

Use forests win as an inspiration, one huge push for 90 minutes and we can put it back into our hands again. 

Arsenal were gassed and wanted to be anywhere other than a football pitch yesterday. Forest were crap and don't buy into any of this fake praise for them. They've got through this being simply horrible, but thats not our problem right now.

But you are right, anyone outside of Man City is beatable if you approach it right or get a bit of luck. Watched Leeds get a draw against Newcastle (albeit at Elland Road) and they looked ordinary that day. 

This is doable. Last dance stuff as you say. I will hold onto some hope until we are 2-0 down and im back to posting the the Championship thread.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Only a year until Fofana wants to move again, let's hope potential suitors weren't watching earlier.

Didn't put Chelsea off whenever he made a mistake for us. 

He'll just do the same thing whenever a club has serious interest. 

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd argue it falls in the "delusional" category rather than positive. 

Looking at the situation positively would be something like "At least it's nearly over." or... nope that's all I've got.

🥱 

A draw tomorrow is not a bad result for us, it at least takes Leeds out of the equation as far as we're concerned.

We have to win at least one match to stay up and a draw tomorrow would make it simple on the last day of the season forcing us to win and that would make Everton having to win as well.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A draw tomorrow is not a bad result for us, it at least takes Leeds out of the equation as far as we're concerned.

We have to win at least one match to stay up and a draw tomorrow would make it simple on the last day of the season forcing us to win and that would make Everton having to win as well.

A draw would be an excellent result and give something resembling belief. A win and I think we survive.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I can't see Leeds beating Spurs, so I think Everton will only need a point against Bournemouth. Still no gimme though. 

Spurs have given up on this season. They're nowhere near bothered enough. Leeds have enough in them to beat them, even if they are utter shit. 

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Does seem five minutes since we had an akanji thread in the transfer forum with a host of City fans claiming he wasn't good enough lol

Given the amount of defending he’d have to do here I suspect you’d not see the same player 

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Was handball definitely but thought it had to just be the scorer but maybe depend on how deliberate it is ?

deliberate handball by mahrez in the build up to the goal. don’t overthink this one 

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Was handball definitely but thought it had to just be the scorer but maybe depend on how deliberate it is ?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Deliberate handball by mahrez in the build up to the goal. don’t overthink this one 

Didn't West Ham or Man Utd have a goal not disallowed even though there was a handball on the build up, and the reason was because it wasn't the scorer who handballed? 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Given the amount of defending he’d have to do here I suspect you’d not see the same player 

deliberate handball by mahrez in the build up to the goal. don’t overthink this one 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Didn't West Ham or Man Utd have a goal not disallowed even though there was a handball on the build up, and the reason was because it wasn't the scorer who handballed? 

Yes that is what I mean .

Liverpool v Leeds too.

Not that is matters .

EDIT: Seen this elsewhere:

Apparently they can go back, it’s just not particularly consistent.

I think it’s automatically disallowed if it’s the goalscorer but normal handball law applies to any other in the build up.

Pretty sure they used to have some guidance on how far back they can go.