Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Theres nothing honest about the way leicester have played this season. 

In fact there is a rumour that Claudia Winkleman was considered for the interim managers position; given her Bafta winning experience in identifying traitors.

14 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Sky flashing up a graphic  of notable English seasons in PL  …… and our season wasn’t on there. Despite being the most remarkable season ever. Insane. 

Blackburn's wasn't either, it's nothing personal lol

I'm not a fan of Sky but they're clearly highlighting multiple trophy wins in a season and I'd imagine were discussing Man City going for the treble in this case.

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

maybe just let people enjoy themselves. It’s really not so deep. 

I completely agree; let people enjoy themselves. 40,000 people waiting for the trophy presentation whilst a few vapid idiots ruin it for them :dunno:.

Nothing wrong with a pitch Invasion (at great to see) if it's a genuine outpouring of emotion in the moment. But you can guarantee those people were discussing before the game about how they'd run onto the pitch and then take loads of photos and videos. City already won the league and do every year so running onto the pitch in a dead rubber is just embarrassing. I'd say the same if our fans did it, if we win promotion next year. Win a Premier League again of the FA Cup or in Man City's case, the champions league and it's different. People are just sheep wanting to do what everyone else does.

Your reply did make me laugh though. As if I had an influence over the decision to let it happen lol

1 hour ago, Twitcher said:

My five year old grandson hasn't got off to the best of starts as a supporter. This is his first real year of following teams, and he's still undecided between Grandad's Leicester or Dad's Leeds. At the moment he's favouring Leicester. I'm trying to steer him towards Leeds, as it's just easier for school with his mates, and getting to matches. I thought if one team went down it might sway him. May well be both.

Tried to get him to follow Forest and Everton just for the last three weeks but it didn't work. Certainly the luck not with him yet.

No No No! 

This was me as a youngster, but I feel like it’s a bit special not supporting Leeds when almost everyone I know is a Leeds fan.

I can’t really explain why.

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Doubtful it took 5 months to decide what Ivan toney’s punishment should be and he pleaded guilty 

I find it difficult to think they'd do it midway through a season given this is a longer-term breach by Everton, that's why I think they'll do it before. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

As much as I want it, it's not going to happen with the players smith picks.

At this stage of the game, the issue is more the fact we have to play Newcastle away who need a point to guarantee champions league, than anything else…

Visiting the Everton forum and they're largely writing us off. They're just as bad as us but they managed to get a result against Brighton. 

All three teams are as bad as each other but I firmly believe we have the most quality but have shown the worst spirit and fight of the teams down there. That might change tomorrow with Evans and Nacho back in and who knows what can happen. We're all equally likely to lose our last games, so don't expect Leeds or Everton to necessarily win their final game!!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Visiting the Everton forum and they're largely writing us off. They're just as bad as us but they managed to get a result against Brighton. 

All three teams are as bad as each other but I firmly believe we have the most quality but have shown the worst spirit and fight of the teams down there. That might change tomorrow with Evans and Nacho back in and who knows what can happen. We're all equally likely to lose our last games, so don't expect Leeds or Everton to necessarily win their final game!!! 

I think you’re right. But I’ll be amazed if tomorrow is the game they suddenly show up for.