Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I think you’re right. But I’ll be amazed if tomorrow is the game they suddenly show up for. 

Same but there is a clear route out of this and hopefully that gives us that added 2/3% to our game that may make the difference!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I love your optimism. I had hope until the Fulham game when I thought the same

would happen, but seriously hope you’re right. 

You see now, Fulham wasn’t a must win after all. This is a must win. Therefore we must win.

Simples

• Like 1

2 seasons in a row now we could have put Everton down if we had got a result against them both times we haven’t beaten them . Still gutted madders didn’t score the pen what a massive miss it could turn out to be 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Allardyce has criticised the quality of his squad just ahead of a must win game.

Good luck with getting them onside.

Spoken like a man who knows his team are gone just to save face

11 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

No No No! 

This was me as a youngster, but I feel like it’s a bit special not supporting Leeds when almost everyone I know is a Leeds fan.

I can’t really explain why.

I do know what you mean. I grew up in Leeds, have lived all my life in Leeds, but supported Leicester since 1974, when I adopted them following a school project. I was nine and the teacher had said we had to write about anything, but said she didn't want all the boys writing about Leeds. Being football mad, that was the green light to still write about football. I picked the next club alphabetically, and there you go, nearly 50 years later. My dad and brother are both Leeds.

Edit: Curious. Did you have a connection, or just adopt City for some reason?

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I do know what you mean. I grew up in Leeds, have lived all my life in Leeds, but supported Leicester since 1974, when I adopted them following a school project. I was nine and the teacher had said we had to write about anything, but said she didn't want all the boys writing about Leeds. Being football mad, that was the green light to still write about football. I picked the next club alphabetically, and there you go, nearly 50 years later. My dad and brother are both Leeds.

Edit: Curious. Did you have a connection, or just adopt City for some reason?

My dad is from Leicester and literally all of my other family/friends are Leeds fans.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Think the cheque book should go up for a medal first, you’ve bought the league not won it.

Way back in the day..it was always the cheque book..

just the sums were not so grotesque…

FFP, rules here or ffp Rules there, either way they are not adhered to..

just 3 letters,that make the gangsters feel decent..

So it stays a free for all..

We live in a money cynical world,where the best investor wins the spoils..

Chelsea has had a season hiccup,I bet next season,both MC & Chelsea will be the

2 big clubs..,Newcastle,Spurs,Arsenal at present just haven’t got those finances.  Then there are Manutd, & L‘pool that border on high finance,plus their successful traditions name,allows them to have a world wide cache of high quality players that will always be available to them…

RM..& Barcelona have been so internally corrupt..nobody bothers any longer..

So we swallow our pride,turn an hypocritical blind eye…and try to enjoy that basic

Simple on-field game that is played out before us.

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Many of the stories for Brighton are replicas of those written about us and wolves before then. "Will they break into the big 6?" And the answer is always no 

what i’ve realised is how well you do on the pitch won’t matter in the end. Anything you do well, will be stolen and purchased. Then the goal posts will be moved to help make sure you don’t disrupt the big clubs further. 

If they really do find a way to keep sticking it to them, that will simply just speed up the process of the super league.

I was feeling resigned that nothing we would do would really matter again and that as the years go on it just gets harder. 

I think what’s gone so wrong is that our club felt that we were part of this group. That these changes were helping us as well because we are the next big club. We voted with the big clubs. We probably would have jumped at the chance to join the ESL. I think we had delusions of grandeur and didn’t use the platform we’d built to fight against the tide. 

As I said on a previous thread? We are happy to sue everton but had no intention of complaining that man city’s breach of rules effectively cost us champions league football on 2 occasions 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's a depressing lineup to see when you desperately need points. 

3 CBs, 3 DMs and probably an ultra defensive, everyone behind the ball game plan trying to shithouse a point. 

1 dm mate 

bohba and youri can’t defend ….

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Juve have been docked 15 points, appealed, had it rescinded, had it reinvestigated and had 10 points deducted all in the time since it was announced Everton have broken the rules. 

Guarantee Everton get docked points like 24hrs after whatever deadline makes it apply to next season. 

Everton are one of the golden children of the premier league, of course they'll be soft with them

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Imagine us beating west ham, everton drawing and leeds winning.  And we'll stay up ahead of both of them on goal difference.

That would be pretty funny.

And then Demarai Gray scoring a 97th minute winner.