Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Sky sports reporting that Pep wants the investigation against Man City fast tracking, funny to see what precedent is set when we’ve already been told theres no chance of that happening in regards to Everton.

quite the statement from Pep when you consider some of the charges against the club relate to obstructing and not cooperating with the investigation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Calvert-lewin not meant to be fit for Sunday, it's the hope that stings 

No Calvert-Lewin.... We stuff West Ham and then ..... Demarai Gray scuffs in a late winner at Goodison to relegate us

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

quite the statement from Pep when you consider some of the charges against the club relate to obstructing and not cooperating with the investigation!

So Man City and Everton relegated this season!

13 hours ago, FOXSE said:

This is actually staggering.....

The British government actually had a hand in the Saudi take over of Newcastle. 

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1661050607044804609?t=l2IXsQzXKb2xpnDNngInWA&s=19

We shouldn’t be surprised after months of denying a link to the Saudi Royal family, the chairman used sovereignty pardon in an American court case 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else think Wolves fave to go down next year. Up to appointing their current manager, they were heading down without a fight. They've just about stayed up but they've have took a few hammerings here and there along the way. Manager talked about leaving as well their top players. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FOXSE said:

This is actually staggering.....

The British government actually had a hand in the Saudi take over of Newcastle. 

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1661050607044804609?t=l2IXsQzXKb2xpnDNngInWA&s=19

Really want to send that to my Newcastle supporting mate, but he gets proper arsey when I criticise the ownership. Personally I think it's because he knows it wrong but doesn't want to face the fact if the clubs doing well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Just bring back the superleague. Let Man City, Newcastle, etc sod off to their own special club and leave us to get on with it. 

If some kid in China has more interest in watching Man United vs Real Madrid every week, let him. Just don't let them stay in our league. 

Yes agree. The Premier league is becoming 3 separate leagues in one. Man City winning everything is getting boring. Tbh would rather see the Foxes win a few more games in the Championship next season than struggle at the bottom in the Premier league which is what will happen with Maddison etc leaving.

Still think somewhere down the line the Newcastle takeover of late will fall apart. Something just doesn't feel right about that deal and do think it's going to come back to haunt them. I don't know I just feel as perfect as everything is, there's still a wave of uncertainty. 

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Really want to send that to my Newcastle supporting mate, but he gets proper arsey when I criticise the ownership. Personally I think it's because he knows it wrong but doesn't want to face the fact if the clubs doing well.

Let just say if it was Sunderland or any other club he would be say that ownership shouldn't be allowed. It's same with Chelsea fans with Ambrohavic... chanting is name despite him being mates with putin, the guy that was invading another country, murdering civilians and kidnapping Ukrainian children. But some Chelsea fans still feel Roman should still be running the club...

Boils down that football fans don't care whose running their club or what they do as long as splashing the cash and bringing success then their happy.... blood money. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Geordies are often too ignorant in regards to their club to see sense

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Still think somewhere down the line the Newcastle takeover of late will fall apart. Something just doesn't feel right about that deal and do think it's going to come back to haunt them. I don't know I just feel as perfect as everything is, there's still a wave of uncertainty. 

It's in the interest of the premier league to have owners like the PIF in the league. The interests of the league fall pretty much in line with theirs. 

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

Yes agree. The Premier league is becoming 3 separate leagues in one. Man City winning everything is getting boring. Tbh would rather see the Foxes win a few more games in the Championship next season than struggle at the bottom in the Premier league which is what will happen with Maddison etc leaving.

I’ve come to the conclusion I might only renew my ST if we go down. I’m really going off The Premier League. 

• Like 1

Why are they so salty? And why is it just Liverpool that seemingly do this? 

It sets a worrying precedent if they keep doing this but also keep getting explanations. 

Otherwise you'll get all 20 clubs seeking explanations for most decisions in each round of matches. 

Maybe they need to look a bit closer to home. It's not just a contentious decision here and there which stops them getting CL football. Dropped points elsewhere perhaps... 

• Like 2