Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Really impressive from Brighton - thoroughly deserve their Europa League spot 

Hopefully they take it more seriously than we did, and don't simply plummet down the table with an overstretched squad before the usual vultures come to pick them off

It's a (generally) well liked and well run club. Lots of similarities to us a few years ago. No chance they'll win the league though.  They went through absolute shit when they lost the Goldstone ground. Good luck to them I say (helps that I live down here now).

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Really impressive from Brighton - thoroughly deserve their Europa League spot 

Agreed. When you consider they’re historically a lower league club. But what’s been built there over the last 2/3 years is seriously impressive. 

Just now, TJQuik said:

Hopefully they take it more seriously than we did, and don't simply plummet down the table with an overstretched squad before the usual vultures come to pick them off

They might struggle with europe and league commitments along with clubs coming to raid their players (if it happens).

Having said that i hope they win the fooker, better than the usual suspects winning shite 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

toe to toe means man for man 

we didn’t do that - maybe the charity shield where they played a pretty weak side

when we won 5-2 we had 28% possession 

kompany game we had 39% which was better but 7 shots to their 19. Maybe we were more expansive that evening - I don’t recall

In the Ricky goal game we only had 33% of the ball but we matched their shot tally so assume we were more aggressive that day 

Contained them pretty well then Nacho was through on goal and missed. Not long after Kompany puts that thunderbastard in the top corner and Rodgers didn't play him for about half a season. I think all those sides though were nowhere near the level of this City side. Haaland and Alvarez are on another level to Aguero and Jesus IMO.

Just now, iancognito said:

Contained them pretty well then Nacho was through on goal and missed. Not long after Kompany puts that thunderbastard in the top corner and Rodgers didn't play him for about half a season. I think all those sides though were nowhere near the level of this City side. Haaland and Alvarez are on another level to Aguero and Jesus IMO.

That's some serious words. Lol

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Agreed. When you consider they’re historically a lower league club. But what’s been built there over the last 2/3 years is seriously impressive. 

Especially considering they had their manager and Trossard poached from

them. But instead they just came back stronger. Their fans can look down the table at Chelsea with a real sense of satisfaction 

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Their chief exec was on 5Live before the game saying they're realistic enough to know that their top players will want top level football - because all of their directors and management have all come from lower positions and understand the ambition - but that the players are realistic enough to understand they'll wait for top money to come in. He pointed out they never sell anyone without knowing who they'll get to replace them.

Quite eye-opening to hear a football club director being so open in the media AND sounding knowledgable. If only we could have that.

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I hate those Brighton *****, lost to Forest and Everton get ****ed. 

language young man!

😉

Said to my dad at the weekend, we watched them play Chesterfield in the Third Division. They were just starting their revival with Zamora up front whilst Chesterfield had Dyche at the back. Eqaullly I saw Brighton turn up with less 300 at Oldham in League 1. 

Both of the other teams mentioned are now in the National League whilst Brighton are in group stages of European competition. Utter mad 

I genuinely think we were better than Brighton in our prime between 19/20 and 20/21 than they are now. 

But you have to applaud one of the smaller teams breaking the monopoly of the big 6 without spending their way to success. They've done really well. 

37 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Love watching Brighton. Really well ran club with great footie. Makes me sad we were like that once

It doesn’t last forever for any team that dabbles with the top 6.

Leicester, Saints, West Han etc… have all done it. Unless you get much deeper pockets it’s not sustainable. 

31 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Especially considering they had their manager and Trossard poached from

them. But instead they just came back stronger. Their fans can look down the table at Chelsea with a real sense of satisfaction 

Over the last year they’ve sold basouma, cucarella and trossard 

their recruitment is so good that they can do that 

us, on the other hand are losing players for free  because we weren’t brave enough to sell because we couldn’t recruit …..