Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Spurs consider themselves bigger than what they are, massive impressive stadium yes, but an empty trophy room. Owner that don't spend, squad that's rapidly agining, not in the champions league constantly. Tottenham are no bigger than likes of Villa and Newcastle. 

It's amazing to think in the time Spurs have won nowt, Swansea, Wigan, Leicester x2 have all won things and spent 10x less. Chelsea lifted the europa league during a transfer embargo as well.  Tottenham need to face reality there not of the main elite. That's not cause I don't like them but it's not an attractive job to top coaches. They consider Tottenham being too small. 

What's this aimed at, I don't get it lol or is it just another cheap shot at Spurs because of 2016. Slot is a decent shout for Spurs, by no way whatsoever an unrealistic target for a club of their stature. If he's turned them down then fair play to him, it's not like they've knocked on the Etihad door and asked to speak to Pep 

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

What's this aimed at, I don't get it lol or is it just another cheap shot at Spurs because of 2016. Slot is a decent shout for Spurs, by no way whatsoever an unrealistic target for a club of their stature. If he's turned them down then fair play to him, it's not like they've knocked on the Etihad door and asked to speak to Pep 

But even before our success of 2016 what spurs won. In a space of 20 years...? An elite club win cups even when they have had poor season. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

But even before our success of 2016 what spurs won. In a space of 20 years...? An elite club win cups even when they have had poor season. 

Depends what you class as elite. Are Arsenal elite? I'd say Man City and Liverpool are based on what they've won in recent years, Man Utd on reputation/history and arguably Chelsea too. That's it  I don't really care tbh, this "whos the bigger club" stuff is playground tittle tattle. I just didn't understand why the subject has come up 

2 hours ago, melvinmmelvin said:

We need to be wary of this. Yes, Leeds's chances are very slim but Everton and Foxes musn't let them in the back door...

I don't really understand this comment. We have to win, that's it. We don't win, we're relegated. 

If we win, they're not overcoming a 9 goal difference deficit. Everton are the side who could thwart us then.

We absolutely mustn't be focusing on bettering the Leeds result.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vulpecula said:

I don't really understand this comment. We have to win, that's it. We don't win, we're relegated. 

If we win, they're not overcoming a 9 goal difference deficit. Everton are the side who could thwart us then.

Exactly, Leeds are irrelevant to our chances. We have to win to stand a chance of staying up, if we win we will as close to certain as possible finish above Leeds. We only need to be looking at the Everton result. If Leeds finish above us it's because we didn't do enough to stay up anyway, because we'll have drawn or lost.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

How on Earth has MudRick missed that? 

Shevchenko, Torres, Werner, Mudrik.

Chelsea have a neverending cycle of expensive highly rated Europeans who fail at their club for some reason.

23 minutes ago, Vulpecula said:

Sorry, yes, I agree with all of this.

I meant that people seem to think Leeds are as good as doomed, so the focus is on Everton and Foxes. How surprised they'd be if Leeds squirmed through. 

But, again, I agree with you...

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly, Leeds are irrelevant to our chances. We have to win to stand a chance of staying up, if we win we will as close to certain as possible finish above Leeds. We only need to be looking at the Everton result. If Leeds finish above us it's because we didn't do enough to stay up anyway, because we'll have drawn or lost.

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Since beating us at the KP, their record in all competitions is W1 D3 L9 (assuming they lose tonight). 

We were actually the better side in that game. Chelsea deserved to lose. Unfortunately, Ward stepped in and handed them the game in a plate. It was as demoralising defeat for the players as was possible to be. They worked hard, were the better side, got back into the game following an early Ward gaffe and then the clown struck again at half time with his 'afyer you Claude'' routine 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

2 goals in this game but could be lot more .

You will (seems strongly likely) be welcomed back into our relevant league thread next week mate and the bear will be cast out into a non Lcfc part of the forum! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1