Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think Frank is a great example of proving being a manager is far .kre difficult than it looks. 

I remember his early Motd appearances as a pundit after he finished playing. He spoke with so much eloquence, razor eye for the modern demands of the game ....I thought at the time, I'd love this guy at ours at some point

His problem is taking a big job too soon. These guys need to build up from a lower level club, gain some momentum. The pressure and margin for error at the top is too much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Chelsea will probably need to spend another x hundred million to be competitive or hope “Poch” can somehow really improve them .

Kepa was probably their MOTM!

Got a goal though .

Thing is, a lot of the players are pretty mediocre and on long contracts. I honestly can't fathom why they signed some if them!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Thing is, a lot of the players are pretty mediocre and on long contracts. I honestly can't fathom why they signed some if them!

And their confidence will be very low now which isn’t good for youngsters..

Will need to start well next season you feel .

Liverpool fail to get fourth place and instead of saying they will try to win the Europa League next season, they'll all promise to get fourth place in the league and not bother picking up the trophy. Modern football is shite

Edited by TJQuik

10 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

No way Lampard should be considered for any job in the premiership. Guaranteed he will though next season. 

Yes although he joined a very unstable situation and had nothing to lose really given his record. He needs to get experience and learn the role at a lower level. He doesn’t have a track record as a manager at that level and  his recent appointments are purely based on his reputation as a player character and intelligence. On that front none of those players deserve to be on the pitch with him. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Liverpool fail to get fourth place and instead of saying they will try to win the Europa League next season, they'll all promise to get fourth place in the league and not bother picking up the trophy. Modern football is shite

Most claim there not bothered about the champions league, keep going on about hammering Man Utd 7-0. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Bournmouth yet to be awarded a penalty this season... :ph34r: