Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

11 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

Chelsea's problems prove that money does not bring success.

It does it you spend it properly and you can't have sustained success without it.

Chelsea will be back in the top six before us and it will be because of money.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

if everton lose and we draw then this rule change will have been the difference between relegation and staying up.

Haha it absolutely wouldn’t be. Feck knows how many more goals we’d have conceded if games had had proper injury time. We’d probably be lucky to have reached 25pts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Haha it absolutely wouldn’t be. Feck knows how many more goals we’d have conceded if games had had proper injury time. We’d probably be lucky to have reached 25pts

if they kept it to the standard 5 or so minutes for the rest of the season then everton would be on -1 point and we would stay up in the scenario in my above comment

Seems as though our former beloved "sweet prince" Fofana is finding out that the Chelsea madhouse is tough going. Will he crash and burn ? There is every chance. Of course he does have a fat contract to ease the pain and maybe he did get out at the right time. However the chances of him ever playing for France are receding by the minute and no , he is nowhere near the top echelon of CBs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tbh I don’t mind it. Officials absolutely should be giving 12 minutes injury time in a lot of games. Always thought it was ridiculous teams play down the clock then we just get a standard 3 minutes. 

Why wouldn't they just have always been adding on the correct amount of time for stoppages? We have the technology ffs

26 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tbh I don’t mind it. Officials absolutely should be giving 12 minutes injury time in a lot of games. Always thought it was ridiculous teams play down the clock then we just get a standard 3 minutes. 

I don't mind it either.

But it's the fact it's being strongly implemented 2 games before the end of the season. 

17 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Seems he wasn't literally involved in the games he bet on though 

His team, so he has inside information = cheating, but assistance rather than punitive measures might be better

18 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Well, when he's betting or 'instructing' people to bet on him scoring, he might've been involved. Hard to score if he's not playing isn't it.

36 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Read the twitter thread. He bet on his team to win on 15 different occasions, and played in 11 of those games. He also placed 15 bets for himself to score, in matches he was playing in. He's very lucky to not get a longer ban.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Read the twitter thread. He bet on his team to win on 15 different occasions, and played in 11 of those games. He also placed 15 bets for himself to score, in matches he was playing in. He's very lucky to not get a longer ban.

I think he had evidence that he was suffering from an addiction?  I’d question why he was betting on his own team and himself if that’s the case 

I agree he’s lucky it’s only 8 months and given the lowish earnings in leagues 1 and 2, I don’t think a ban of eight months is a sufficient deterrent 

I think it’s should have been 18 months and then perhaps reduced on appeal to nine. Then the length of ban fits with the Barton one and players can see they’ll be out potentially for a year and a half. 

Edited by st albans fox

50 minutes ago, Craig said:

Didn't he bet on himself to score? lol 

46 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

His team, so he has inside information = cheating, but assistance rather than punitive measures might be better

45 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well, when he's betting or 'instructing' people to bet on him scoring, he might've been involved. Hard to score if he's not playing isn't it.

18 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Alright steady on lol the small bit I read earlier on was based on betting on his team to lose games, in which he was involved in zilch 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Why wouldn't they just have always been adding on the correct amount of time for stoppages? We have the technology ffs

Tbh this has been a joke for ages. I think it was this season we were behind with 5-minutes injury time added on. The opposition wasted so much time, faking injuries going down and stopping the game and then taking ages to take throw-ins. The goalkeeper took nearly a minute to take a goal kick, the ref told him to speed up but he didn't, then he booked the keeper and took 30 seconds to do it. The goalkeeper then took another 30 seconds knowing the ref wouldn't send him off. The ref then added about 30 seconds to the 5 minutes. We played about 1 minute of football in added-on time!

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Didn’t realise he actually betted in games he was  involved  in.

Probably lucky not to be punished more then.

It was supposed to be a 12 months ban but was reduced to 8 on account of Toney showing remorse and a Dr assessing him as having a gambling addiction.