Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We are not in the situation we were when Piper was asked to leave. We will not be in administration ffs.

No you're right, we'll be in a situation of having the 7th highest wages in the Premier League and facing life in the sh!thole Championship with 2/3 less income to pay that bill. We won't need to be in administration, we'll just be welcoming all donations to the kitty.

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No you're right, we'll be in a situation of having the 7th highest wages in the Premier League and facing life in the sh!thole Championship with 2/3 less income to pay that bill. We won't need to be in administration, we'll just be welcoming all donations to the kitty.

You are not taking into context the fact that some of our best paid players: Tielemans, Bertrand, Perez, Evans as well as Soyuncu, Mendy and Amartey are all out of contract and we lose those wages straight away.

Other top earning players such as Maddison, Barnes, Praet, Ndidi and Castagne will all be sold at this seasons end.

I’m almost certain someone will also come in for Vardy too if we drop.

The wage bill whilst high, does not contain players on ridiculously long contracts and it contains a lot of players other clubs will want.

Relegation or survival today and there will be one hell of a rebuild of the playing squad. I am certain we will build a squad of players that suits our budget, not getting in a heap of big names on big money.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

You are not taking into context the fact that some of our best paid players: Tielemans, Bertrand, Perez, Evans as well as Soyuncu, Mendy and Amartey are all out of contract and we lose those wages straight away.

Other top earning players such as Maddison, Barnes, Praet, Ndidi and Castagne will all be sold at this seasons end.

I’m almost certain someone will also come in for Vardy too if we drop.

The wage bill whilst high, does not contain players on ridiculously long contracts and it contains a lot of players other clubs will want.

Relegation or survival today and there will be one hell of a rebuild of the playing squad. I am certain we will build a squad of players that suits our budget, not getting in a heap of big names on big money.

No I get that but look at Burnley, ten out ten in at the end of last season. Their fans were there thinking if we get rid of Tarkowski, Cornet and Pope, we'll probably keep McNeil, Mee and Weghorst and keep a bit of a spine to the side. In the end they kept Ashley Barnes and some academy kids. They just took whatever bids came in and started again.

Well - this is gonna be one hell of a Sunday or it’s gonna be the start of a real

crappy week. Let’s get this ordeal over and done with survive or drop i am absolutely drained! :sweating:

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

No I get that but look at Burnley, ten out ten in at the end of last season. Their fans were there thinking if we get rid of Tarkowski, Cornet and Pope, we'll probably keep McNeil, Mee and Weghorst and keep a bit of a spine to the side. In the end they kept Ashley Barnes and some academy kids. They just took whatever bids came in and started again.

There will be a massive turnover, nobody is questioning that. Your original post at the start of that back and forward was about flogging KDH for £5mill though which would not be the case.

Wages will be massively decreased by the out of contract lot and the departures of Maddison, Barnes, Castagne etc. I also think we will lose the likes of Nacho and Ndidi (the latter would be welcomed).

But, KDH is probably the most obvious along with Iverson and maybe Souttar and Thomas (and Kristiansen ?) to stay!

This might be sourness after today, but Everton have circled the drain for years and years, and they always found a way.

They've spent an absolute ton (legal action pending) and they had to appoint Dyche to stay up by the skin of their baws.

You wonder if they will falter next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This might be sourness after today, but Everton have circled the drain for years and years, and they always found a way.

They've spent an absolute ton (legal action pending) and they had to appoint Dyche to stay up by the skin of their baws.

They have explicitly cheated the last few years financially. It will be just our luck for the FA to fine them money and 50 points tomorrow.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It’s been bad enough for us to do this for 1 season. Imagine doing that year on year, they are a nothing club and have nothing to sing about. Pathetic existence. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

They have explicitly cheated the last few years financially. It will be just our luck for the FA to fine them money and 50 points tomorrow.

As much as I lay the blame at the door of our club, we’re going down to a club that has cheated and saved themselves from relegation for a number of years by living well beyond their means. All this talk in the media about making it a fair game is a load of a bollocks.

• Like 1

"Premier League successfully prosecutes people who made their product *actually accessible* to people who wanted to access it".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65697595

Imagine making your product hard to access then complaining when people want to actually ****ing access it.

This is honestly a batshit situation that has directly lead to our downfall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Premier League successfully prosecutes people who made their product *actually accessible* to people who wanted to access it".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65697595

Imagine making your product hard to access then complaining when people want to actually ****ing access it.

This is honestly a batshit situation that has directly lead to our downfall.

Yeah I agree. What do they expect when the demand for watching the games is so high. 

It's not like these people sat on their sofas can't watch a stream so suddenly decide to go to their local league game either. These are people that wouldn't be going to those games any way. 

If you make a product which is specific to each club (like a season ticket) then it won't affect attendances of other clubs. You can still have your general TV deals like Sky and BT to cover the bigger games that everyone wants to watch. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Yeah I agree. What do they expect when the demand for watching the games is so high. 

It's not like these people say on their sofas can't watch a stream so suddenly decide to go to their local league game either. These are people that wouldn't be going to those games any way. 

If you make a product which is specific to each club (like a season ticket) then it won't affect attendances of other clubs. You can still have your general TV deals like Sky and BT to cover the bigger games that everyone wants to watch. 

Totally agree with this, unreal we can’t watch the games in our own country 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 18:56, Vacamion said:

It’s going to continue. If the Spurs and Arsenal stadium constructions tell us anything, it slows down cash flow and spend 

17 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s going to continue. If the Spurs and Arsenal stadium constructions tell us anything, it slows down cash flow and spend 

Which is fine if you're an established, London based Premier League club, you'll still be allowed to stay where you are.Or if you're Man City and West Ham, you'll get a half billion quid stadium given to you from the taxpayer for free.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's not like these people sat on their sofas can't watch a stream so suddenly decide to go to their local league game either. These are people that wouldn't be going to those games any way. 

I've said this before but the second half of the season we won the league I was in Africa and had the legal right to go into any pub or pay for DSTV to watch any game in any league, whereas my dad lives 8 miles from the King Power and had no legal right to actually watch most of the games.

Also, because the games they do show are heavily selected in favour of the bigger clubs and those with larger fanbases, they automatically get more money than any of the other clubs.

in 2015/16 we weren't even highest earners that year. Arsenal were. We were 5th!

The whole thing is an absolute cartel by the very definition of the word. We were never given a fair shot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Unless you’re going to go through every call and game with a fine tooth comb I’m not sure that this means anything 

does anyone remember a var call this season that actually changed the outcome of a game against us ??