Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Pair of nobheads but I’m sure it will appeal to some.

I know Conte was sacked by Chelsea but not shown himself in good light to the Chelsea fans who probably liked him still
Don’t expect him to sit still but bounding off down the tunnel or sideline in front of Chelsea fans not great, a little different if they were at his place

Just goes to show there is no loyalty in football. 

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I am not anti woman’s football but I don’t get why sky and the other feel a needed to have a female pundit at all times. Such tokenism’s 

To some degree perhaps, but it needs to be normal to see women in football rather than being regarded as ‘dressing’

Will take time to gain this acceptance/normality though

25 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

How did Romero get away with the hair pull with flippin VAR on

15 minutes ago, Md9 said:

How you get away with the hair pull is ridiculous 😂 Romero is a dirty t*** ain’t he he wouldn’t get away with that if he played for us 

Romero nearly breaks his neck! Mike Dean in VAR!FaI3Rl0WIAk-teS.jpeg.1cfe657da68e775a09a83e160469cece.jpeg

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

To some degree perhaps, but it needs to be normal to see women in football rather than being regarded as ‘dressing’

Will take time to gain this acceptance/normality though

I payed non league football, does that qualify me to be on sky sports talking about PL football (no!) but the standard I played is higher than that of the woman’s game. But playing female professional football is  qualifying female players to talk about the Male PL.
Have female pundits for female games! And maybe one here or there but the tokenism takes it to far.

I like Emma Hayes, particularly just talking football/ tactics in general 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I payed non league football, does that qualify me to be on sky sports talking about PL football (no!) but the standard I played is higher than that of the woman’s game. But playing female professional football is  qualifying female players to talk about the Male PL.
Have female pundits for female games! And maybe one here or there but the tokenism takes it to far.

I like Emma Hayes, particularly just talking football/ tactics in general 

There is more to it than that though I would argue, professional football has been a male dominated sport for so long (thanks to infinite machismo of the FA post world war 2) that it needs to be noted and acceptable to see women in professional football regardless. Are they as knowledgable? Probably not, but that is probably as much down to intelligence as level of play anyway (or all managers would be ex high league players)

Anyway, that’s my personal opinion, sure plenty disagree.  :scarf:

Edited by Dahnsouff