Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Yet again it shows that VAR is not the problem but rather the incompetents in charge. Imagine a tennis umpire looking at hawkeye and ignoring it. 

When I seen this I thought ‘yup he’s gonna get sent off’ but the ref waved play on and Tottenham scored from the next corner😂😂

Worst officials in Europe

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Yet again it shows that VAR is not the problem but rather the incompetents in charge. Imagine a tennis umpire looking at hawkeye and ignoring it. 

Yep. Always been the case. Can give the refs all the tech they want but when standards of officiating are so low anyway it's not gonna have the desired effect

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

When I seen this I thought ‘yup he’s gonna get sent off’ but the ref waved play on and Tottenham scored from the next corner😂😂

Worst officials in Europe

Couldn’t agree more. Anthony Taylor is very, very poor. Lost control of the game. It’s his fault we saw ugly scenes. You don’t  need VAR if you are actually focusing on the game.

Of course, even though Mike Dean has retired he still has to be the centre of attention. Watching football for over 60 years I can’t think of a worse referee. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

Really? I disagree! Women like football too and actually some of the women pundits are a damn site better than the men. 

Regards from a token woman on foxestalk 😉

That’s fine, some are ok and use some female pundits in some slots. But it’s the need to force one into every single broadcast, regardless of their ability.

some male pundits are not great, I know! I believe that any job should be given on merit and not tokenism.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I am not anti woman’s football but I don’t get why sky and the other feel a needed to have a female pundit at all times. Such tokenism’s 

Always confused by posts like this. Would you prefer it if there wasn’t a woman on the panel? In that case, is there any circumstance in which you wouldn’t just view the presence of a woman on a sports panel as tokenism and therefore be against it? 
Surely, with sky/bt/bbc employing female sports pundits, it shows that we have some talent being given a chance that historically they have not been given out of hand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

That’s fine, some are ok and use some female pundits in some slots. But it’s the need to force one into every single broadcast, regardless of their ability.

some male pundits are just as shite I know! I believe that any job should be given on merit and not tokenism.

It's sad you see it that why. I don't think female pundits are forced into slots at all. Look around a stadium next time you go there are plenty of women there watching of all ages, and many of us enjoy chatting about football. There are even a few of us on this forum! Shock!  I'm astounded that people still have this attitude.  I'm not sure you actually realise how sexist you are being!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hales said:

Really? I disagree! Women like football too and actually some of the women pundits are a damn site better than the men. 

Shhhh, you do know this a thread talking about men’s football? Can you move to the women’s section please. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

Pretty low bar isn't it. Majority of football pundits are so thick and have such little knowledge about football. I also think that you have to factor in a lot of the current female pundits played football when it wasn't fully professional so the tactical insight is going to be pretty limited.

I always say this when talking about punditry in general but compare it to cricket, and in this case the female commentators when you have Alison Mitchell, Ebony Rainford-Brent and Isa Guha, who are are very articulate, knowledge and compelling to listen to, and it's absolute night and day.

Gender doesn't have to factor in (though of course it does for some) but championing female football pundits is pretty pointless when we should be championing decent football pundits, period. Look at the clowns on Soccer Saturday; that's your benchmark.

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Shhhh, you do know this a thread talking about men’s football? Can you move to the women’s section please. 

😉😁

The sad thing is there are actually people that would really think that! 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Torten said:

Always confused by posts like this. Would you prefer it if there wasn’t a woman on the panel? In that case, is there any circumstance in which you wouldn’t just view the presence of a woman on a sports panel as tokenism and therefore be against it? 
Surely, with sky/bt/bbc employing female sports pundits, it shows that we have some talent being given a chance that historically they have not been given out of hand.

It depends if the woman is sue Smith. Because she gives women pundits a bad name.