Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuinely can’t imagine what it must feel like to get triggered by a woman commenting on a men’s football

match. X 

Man, especially football fan, being  misogynistic is nothing new. This forum is not exception either 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The only reason I name drop sue Smith is because she's the only female pundit I really can't stand. There's numerous male ones though... 

Aye, and I know your original post was tongue in cheek, not having a major go. But it is interesting. Like you’d never say “x gives bald pundits a bad name”. 

Said it before, Emma Hayes is brilliant. Would much rather listen to her than any other pundit because a) she isn't afraid to talk tactics and gives great insight and b) she's the best qualified pundit there is after her success with Chelsea. Fantastic pundit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently they couldn’t over turn the corner but still given a card ?

VAR could only suggest a Red card but the corner still would have stood, if VAR thought it was a yellow card then it gets ignored and play  continues 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Aye, and I know your original post was tongue in cheek, not having a major go. But it is interesting. Like you’d never say “x gives bald pundits a bad name”. 

That's more because I don't think of Danny Mills as bald I think of him as a **** lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hales said:

Really? I disagree! Women like football too and actually some of the women pundits are a damn site better than the men. 

Regards from a token woman on foxestalk 😉

i personally prefer to hear from ex pros that have played the mens game, especially in commentary as a co commentator. There is plenty of space in the womens game, not quite sure why women commentators and pundits need to be in the mens game also. I've seen women fans sharing the same opinion

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Hales said:

😳😳😳😳😳😳

To me this is almost like saying I'm female and there are plenty of womens games I can go and watch so why watch the men. Its 2022 why on earth is it such a big deal to have women commentators and pundits? It's sexism whether you like it or not and that's really sad to hear.

I'm walking away from this now. As one of a few women on here it actually makes me feel like my opinion doesn't matter on a forum either.

I've never suggested what women should watch, I've stated my own opinion on watching the game and who i prefer to listen to in commentary and ex pro's opinions. It isn't sexism, it's a preference and it seems like you're just trying to shut that opinion down, and it's an opinion also shared by women fans. It's just a disagreement, that's all