Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Love to see that passion that conte and Tunchel  showed yesterday.

Wish we had a manager like that...

We had a manager who would passionately defend his players and there were still plenty of people on here who hated him for it.

Ultimately, i'd be happy to see our manager do whatever he liked as long as the team is winning each week.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We had a manager who would passionately defend his players and there were still plenty of people on here who hated him for it.

Ultimately, i'd be happy to see our manager do whatever he liked as long as the team is winning each week.

Agendas 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Three strikers that they’ve signed already.

They haven’t improved their defence compared to last season, but they kept a clean sheet yesterday.

They got fortunate from a combination of poor West Ham finishing, a shit penalty from Rice and worldie performance from Henderson.

They wont always be able to rely on all three. To be fair though, Henderson is an excellent goalie and was their most important of their many signings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Cannot believe how lucky the Forest were. If they perform like that every week, they’ll be doomed. Their defence looks like an absolute disaster zone.

Can't believe they didn't concede. Like others have said I think there bubble will burst. 

It is a long old season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What exactly is it you think he is only saying to save his own skin?
He has given an honest assessment of where we are, where we want to be, and the challenges we face in achieving our goals. 
Not sure why people get so irate about what Rodgers says, and look to read things into it that aren’t really there.

Spot on. He wants to do well for his own reputation as much as anything else. Is he really going to get a big job if he gets sacked here with us in the bottom 6? It's in his and everyone's interests to do well. He knows like we do that we need wingers, that's why in his interview he alludes to this. Says he's forced into playing a certain way because of the lack of wide players when Barnes is out it's dire straits. I still think he could have set up more offensively in both games however. I mean if you count the GK we had 7 defensive players start both games and a sole striker isolated much of the time. We could easily have gone two up top of played people like Perez, Praet etc wide. We conceded 6 in 2 games despite being quite defensive. We might was well set up to attack and go for it, nothing to lose at games like Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Spot on. He wants to do well for his own reputation as much as anything else. Is he really going to get a big job if he gets sacked here with us in the bottom 6? It's in his and everyone's interests to do well. He knows like we do that we need wingers, that's why in his interview he alludes to this. Says he's forced into playing a certain way because of the lack of wide players when Barnes is out it's dire straits. I still think he could have set up more offensively in both games however. I mean if you count the GK we had 7 defensive players start both games and a sole striker isolated much of the time. We could easily have gone two up top of played people like Perez, Praet etc wide. We conceded 6 in 2 games despite being quite defensive. We might was well set up to attack and go for it, nothing to lose at games like Arsenal.

I think it is obvious that Brendan wants to do well - I’m just not sure he can now. I think he has lost his way as have the team. He has pride and ability, but it appears very one dimensional. 

2 hours ago, Hales said:

You dont seem to understand the context of what iwas trying to say?

So because its your opinion or preference it isn't sexist?! I'm not trying to shut your opinion down. You can think what you want thats up to you but I'm sorry to tell you it was absolutely sexist.

If someone such as Carney had played in the man's game and yet I preffered a male pundit you could accuse me of prejudice, but my preference is based on expertise and experience that adds value to the program, its probably why Gillette soccer Saturday viewing figures have floored since the change in format, people have just switched off.

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

I couldn't give a shit if the pundits have played the game before or not. It means absolutely nothing. 

Look at how many top managers over the years never played the game at any decent level. 

It doesn't to youwhich is fine but i think most prefer to hear the opinion of someone's experience who has been there and done it.

Unsure if this has been linked already, but the standard of officiating is incredibly poor, again. Feels like we say that a lot.

We have cameras around that ground and the ability to rewatch sections, yet somehow they've missed that, a clear hair pull and drags the man down. 

Then the offside segment with richarlison is fairly stupid, but I hope they now remain consistent on that ruling and not change their mind in the next fixtures 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:
Unsure if this has been linked already, but the standard of officiating is incredibly poor, again. Feels like we say that a lot.

We have cameras around that ground and the ability to rewatch sections, yet somehow they've missed that, a clear hair pull and drags the man down. 

Then the offside segment with richarlison is fairly stupid, but I hope they now remain consistent on that ruling and not change their mind in the next fixtures 

Referring has gotten worse with the introduction of VAR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Cannot believe how lucky the Forest were. If they perform like that every week, they’ll be doomed. Their defence looks like an absolute disaster zone.

They just got promoted, they have 100 new players.

We conceded 6 over 2 games against West Ham last season.

Conceding to teams like West Ham won’t be what sends them down.

it will be how they fair against the so-called lesser clubs 

• Like 1

I always think back to our first season up, we had 8 points after 5 games including a point against Arsenal and a win against Man United. After that we were off a cliff until we all know what happened. The buzz and adrenaline can get you points in the beginning but it doesn’t take much for the momentum to change and the rot to set in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

It doesn't to youwhich is fine but i think most prefer to hear the opinion of someone's experience who has been there and done it.

Doesn’t to me either. 

Just watching MOTD2. The tactical analysis from the female pundit has, so far, been more in depth than that of the the male one. I might also point out that the presenter has never even played professionally in his life, at any level. How do you feel about his involvement? 

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Doesn’t to me either. 

Just watching MOTD2. The tactical analysis from the female pundit has, so far, been more in depth than that of the the male one. I might also point out that the presenter has never even played professionally in his life, at any level. How do you feel about his involvement? 

It isn't a discussion about presenters (I've already said I love Laura Woods style, and Kelly Daglish, it's about commentary, co commentary and punditry.

Some of the best entertainment is when we've had arguments with passion from Keane, Souness, Carragher and Neville, I just can't see that when you start taking out a couple of those pundits and replacing them with ex pros from the ladies game. Now you might not value that, but I think many do, as I think they enjoyed the arguments and banter with Gillette soccer Saturday which may now has dwindling viewing numbers with the new format. 

Anyway it's all opinion and I doubt it's going back and wouldn't be surprised to see Souness now edged out after the twitter row, I'm just another Fred Flintstone  Wilmmmmmaaaaaaaa  🤣

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It isn't a discussion about presenters (I've already said I love Laura Woods style, and Kelly Daglish, it's about commentary, co commentary and punditry.

Some of the best entertainment is when we've had arguments with passion from Keane, Souness, Carragher and Neville, I just can't see that when you start taking out a couple of those pundits and replacing them with ex pros from the ladies game. Now you might not value that, but I think many do, as I think they enjoyed the arguments and banter with Gillette soccer Saturday which may now has dwindling viewing numbers with the new format. 

Anyway it's all opinion and I doubt it's going back and wouldn't be surprised to see Souness now edged out after the twitter row, I'm just another Fred Flintstone  Wilmmmmmaaaaaaaa  🤣

Seeing a load of old boys club morons argue with each other without much actual insight isn’t what I tend to enjoy but I understand that many like it. I find the most interesting and in depth football discussion on things like the tifo podcast and none of their presenters are ex players.

Obviously we don’t  agree on this but it’s nice to discuss things. I personally find what you have said to be sexist but I understand if you want to debate me on that. You mentioned earlier that you wished more women in your family were  into football. I think representation is important in achieving that and seeing more women on tv is a vital part of that. I personally am very happy to see more women represented. 

Edited by RumbleFox