Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

53 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Well there you have it. Hair pulling is no longer violent conduct.

Precedent has been set… how long will this last for?

This is ridiculous. VAR did not even give a free kick so the berk in charge does not think a foul. Bringing game into disrepute 

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

This is ridiculous. VAR did not even give a free kick so the berk in charge does not think a foul. Bringing game into disrepute 

Var can’t give a free kick

it can only interfere if it thinks there has been violent conduct in this instance 

they should just have come out and said it was a mistake by the var - now they’ve set a bar for the acceptance of hair pulling in a tussle 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd argue we now pay more attention to it, especially the finer details 

I'm not sure that's the case as sky and other media used to analyse incidents to the nth degree part of the reason VAR was introduced because having seen the media use all those camera angles people were clamouring for it to be done officially and professionally (lol)

VAR is a great introduction to the game… it’s just not been used correctly yet. 

First thing i would do is ban slow motion viewing. If it needs slow motion than it’s too close to be actually needed (or clear and obvious as they say) 

it’s the slow motion that’s changing the game, football is a contact sport, i hate that any little touch must be a penalty when in reality you have players flopping for everything. 

when you were kids and you do that thing, where you like touch a mate and they fling themselves to the floor… i think var ref would give that 😂

Hair pulling should be a red really but I can see why it could be just in yellow territory. I’m not sure where it falls on violent conduct. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

On the contrary I believe this was in retaliation to his cousin’s husband being outed as gay, Vito was his name. Souness, has sponsored floats in the pride parade at Brighton, he is certainly the opposite of a homophobe. I realise my response is useless, but as a fan of the sopranos, they should do their homework.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

On the contrary I believe this was in retaliation to his cousin’s husband being outed as gay, Vito was his name. Souness, has sponsored floats in the pride parade at Brighton, he is certainly the opposite of a homophobe. I realise my response is useless, but as a fan of the sopranos, they should do their homework.

It's not that deep

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Var can’t give a free kick

it can only interfere if it thinks there has been violent conduct in this instance 

they should just have come out and said it was a mistake by the var - now they’ve set a bar for the acceptance of hair pulling in a tussle 

Yes, sorry meant what you have said. Double whammy by not indicating violent conduct  and then saying it was looked at and dismissed. It seems football has brought in technology but due to incompetent officials nearly as bad as before we had it. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

VAR is a great introduction to the game… it’s just not been used correctly yet. 

First thing i would do is ban slow motion viewing. If it needs slow motion than it’s too close to be actually needed (or clear and obvious as they say) 

it’s the slow motion that’s changing the game, football is a contact sport, i hate that any little touch must be a penalty when in reality you have players flopping for everything. 

when you were kids and you do that thing, where you like touch a mate and they fling themselves to the floor… i think var ref would give that 😂

Hair pulling should be a red really but I can see why it could be just in yellow territory. I’m not sure where it falls on violent conduct. 

You get red cards for much less. Pushing someone in the face is less violent than hair pulling. So for me, this is a clear red as well and baffling how they missed/avoided it. Let the ref watch it on the monitor, I bet he is in no doubt that it is a red card.

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You get red cards for much less. Pushing someone in the face is less violent than hair pulling. So for me, this is a clear red as well and baffling how they missed/avoided it. Let the ref watch it on the monitor, I bet he is in no doubt that it is a red card.

Mike Dean himself would have given a red card for less ..

Wonder why he didn’t think it was worthy of even a yellow card ?

Wait till someone pulls Salah’s hair in front of the Kop at Anfield !

Red card will be out ASAP..

Edited by Super_horns

If hair pulling is fair game now then maybe that's the solution to our set piece problems. Someone gets the run on you, just pull their hair, or maybe do it proactively so they can't make a run at all. Obviously before too long everyone will just shave their heads but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Mike Dean himself would have given a red card for less ..

Wonder why he didn’t think it was worthy of even a yellow card ?

Wait till someone pulls Salah’s hair in front of the Kop at Anfield !

Red card will be out ASAP..

Var cannot recommend anything except a red card 

but it’s irrelevant- it’s violent conduct

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Didn't watch the football yesterday what has souness done/said to have to release a statement? Something sexist I assume from the sopranos video posted above. 

Said it’s a man’s game.

I think he’s been taken out of context a bit though.

Edited by Lcfc82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Well there you have it. Hair pulling is no longer violent conduct.

Precedent has been set… how long will this last for?

David Luiz   Guendouzi   Cucurella    Until the last Sideshow Bob lookalike has been run out of the League?

25 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Didn't watch the football yesterday what has souness done/said to have to release a statement? Something sexist I assume from the sopranos video posted above. 

He literally just said that it feels like it's more a man's game again now that refs aren't blowing up for every dive. Which is just phrasing really, it just means that you can by physical and robust without fear of the ref giving every bit of a contact as a free kick.

I'd be disappointed if he has apologised for that. I'd just explain to people that it's a well known phrase and anyone with an ounce of sense would realise that. Not everything is a sexist attack.

If anything the refs have taken a note from the reffing in the women's euros this summer, which was absolutely superb in the main. They really let the games flow and helped lead to more wide open games and counter attacking.

• Like 1

Is what Souness said (man's game) in any way linked to what's going on between him and Mings? Seen he's called the defender out to come on to Talksport, then Souness said he won't learn anything off him even if Mings did call in lol 

I just cant understand it. Var is gone mad, Not at all what it was brought in for.

Can someone explain what's the difference between the Cucurella pulled hair and the Antonio shove on the defender. Both Fowls seeking to gain an advantage. One goal allowed the other cancelled out. ?

This is why Var needs to be a panel and not just one person.