Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

37 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I agree, the good thing for us is the basket case that is Manchester United. For the rest of the league 6th and 7th looks to be wide open for whoever can put a run of results together. 

It's mad but I think it's a great thing for us that once you take the expected top 6 out of it, then that last European place could honestly be anybodys this season given how bad the standard is.

We could have a shocker of a season under Rodgers (likely) yet still somehow shithouse that last Conference league position.

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Getting his excuse ready for Klopp nice and early...

Is it an excuse?  He’s probably right tbf.

You stick your head in in modern football you’re an idiot for this very reason and as he says it’s a red card. but I do agree with him. He’s not actually trying to put the nut on him is he.

Edit: If you want to dig him out for something it’s for stating the obvious as this is the case for 95% of the red cards I’ve seen given for butting in the last ten years.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You stick your head in in modern football you’re an idiot for this very reason and as he says it’s a red card. but I do agree with him. He’s not actually trying to put the nut on him is he.

Edit: If you want to dig him out for something it’s for stating the obvious as this is the case for 95% of the red cards I’ve seen given for butting in the last ten years.

What? He's gone to headbutt him twice. The only saving grace for him (if there even is one) is that he's not tall enough to properly plant one in on him. It's a headbutt nonetheless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well usually if someone touches you, they’re at the very maximum, a full arms length away. So how far away did he think Anderson was? Poor excuse.

5 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well usually if someone touches you, they’re at the very maximum, a full arms length away. So how far away did he think Anderson was? Poor excuse.

No excuse it’s a red, he’s said that. 

If your putting the nut on someone and getting three games you’d like to think they would do it properly. 

like I say stupid professional footballers flicking their heads around in anger and getting sent off without even managing to cut a lip. Same as most head butting sending offs.

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What? He's gone to headbutt him twice. The only saving grace for him (if there even is one) is that he's not tall enough to properly plant one in on him. It's a headbutt nonetheless.

Mate the first one is absolutely nothing.

He’s turned round for the second a bit too quickly and dipped his head in a bit too much as Andersen has completely got In his head. Stonewall red yes, ABH not really.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No excuse it’s a red, he’s said that. 

If your putting the nut on someone and getting three games you’d like to think they would do it properly. 

like I say stupid professional footballers flicking their heads around in anger and getting sent off without even managing to cut a lip. Same as most head butting sending offs.

It wasn’t a Duncan Ferguson head butt, clearly. Seemed a bit more malicious than the usual pathetic nose to nose affairs we see people get sent off for imo.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, it looked that way, but who knows.

If it was any other club, I’d probably just go with ‘yeah, fair point’, I just cannot stand Liverpool. Journalists wading in with excuses a couple of hours after the game just feels typical.

It was a red, even Klopp can’t deny that. The excuses will be a ploy to keep it at 3 game ban rather than 4 or 5. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

It wasn’t a Duncan Ferguson head butt, clearly. Seemed a bit more malicious than the usual pathetic nose to nose affairs we see people get sent off for imo.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, it looked that way, but who knows.

If it was any other club, I’d probably just go with ‘yeah, fair point’, I just cannot stand Liverpool. Journalists wading in with excuses a couple of hours after the game just feels typical.

It was a red, even Klopp can’t deny that. The excuses will be a ploy to keep it at 3 game ban rather than 4 or 5. 

This is my point I don’t think it really warrants anymore than three.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is my point I don’t think it really warrants anymore than three.

Yeah it’ll be 3 won’t it. I wasn’t trying to disagree with you to be fair. Just thought it looked daft that the journalist was denying that he meant to do what he did. I never thought it was that serious (in terms of someone actually getting hurt). I thought it was intentional though.

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Never going to happen but just imagine if Sir Alex made a shock return to management with Man United tomorrow in some sort bizarre interim return till the end of season. Where could you see Man United finishing with him in charge with this squad.

probably in an emergency room 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Dictionary definition of a head butt-  Agressive and forceful thrust with the top of the head into the face or body of another person.

Not sure how you can argue its not a headbutt.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rather stupid excuses re Nunez. It was 100% a head butt. After already trying it once just prior to it….. just complete insanity. I think petulance like that deserves a longer ban.

It’s violent conduct - nothing more 

it’s not a head high king fu kick from ten yards away 

3 games for an offence which is effectively covered within the existing laws 

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't know it was a decent headbutt.

He’s lucky he didn’t make contact with his first headbutt! He was biting his tongue and would have certainly bitten into it!

Not talking from experience of course 😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s violent conduct - nothing more 

it’s not a head high king fu kick from ten yards away 

3 games for an offence which is effectively covered within the existing laws 

I agree, the only reason he would have got longer is if he'd have cause actual physical damage like breaking his jaw.

Bit like Steve Walsh got when he broke David Geddis jaw and got an 11 match ban.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, the only reason he would have got longer is if he'd have cause actual physical damage like breaking his jaw.

Bit like Steve Walsh got when he broke David Geddis jaw and got an 11 match ban.

There is another ‘difference’ 

players stick their heads in each other’s faces all the time without butting - it’s not unusual 

throwing punches is not part of the game in any way 

there wasn’t enough force in the butt to cause severe injury in any case - if he’d hung around complaining for any longer then he would have got an extra game for that