Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Oh yeah, that's what they need. A period of calm stability. lol

With that dude, you always wonder if a new venture is going to be Tesla and Space X, or Hyperloop, the Twitter purchase and accusing divers of noncery.

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Incredible how Liverpool just can't have a player sent off, there has to be an excuse, a reason as to why it shouldn't have been. Given they got away with leg breaking tackles last season, Milner cynically fouling who he likes you'd think there would some humility but oh no.

Every time a penalty goes against them or they get a red card its talked about in the press for several days sometimes even weeks, Refs have likely been briefed to be sure before doing it as the FA gets less attention from not penalising them vs penalising them.  Sport is broken in that respect.

The worst thing about VAR is that its manned by our referees.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wasn’t forceful or the top of his head, that’d be a head butt.

He’s dipped his head in slightly and like I’ll say one more time for you idiots who pay hundreds of pounds a year to watch a game you don’t even understand. It’s a red card. Next.

When someone feels the need to use a insults to back up their argument.

I will leave it there, as you have more experience then me.

'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Mark Twain

Edited by coolhandfox

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

No club gets treatment like it. Think it just proves how normal it is for decisions to go their way that some of their mutant fans and even worse, shills in the media are actually trying to make a case for that being a wrong decision. Undermines a lot of their achievement for me to be honest.

I presume Chelsea for example want a ref who gives decisions their way...

Ok Taylor probably did give bad calls against them but surely clubs cannot pick and choose who they want in charge of their games?

It's the same for everyone - probably all had good and bad calls made by all the refs in games. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Cristiano Ronaldo being a massive drama queen. 

He's fed up of the media speculation about his future. As if he's annoyed about all the lies, drama and speculation. 

So what does he do? Makes a statement saying he'll reveal all of the truth in 2 weeks lol

Fvckin hell, reveal what exactly? If its that he wants to leave but no one wants to buy him then we all already know that.

Though hope its something like missed wage payments from the Glazers or something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's fed up of the media speculation about his future. As if he's annoyed about all the lies, drama and speculation. 

So what does he do? Makes a statement saying he'll reveal all of the truth in 2 weeks lol

Interesting that the transfer window shuts in two weeks.... Wonder which club he will be making his statement from.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don’t worry, with Vardy being chased by Man Utd, we will find out on Rebekah’s Instagram in the next few days what’s really going on.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I presume Chelsea for example want a ref who gives decisions their way...

Ok Taylor probably did give bad calls against them but surely clubs cannot pick and choose who they want in charge of their games?

It's the same for everyone - probably all had good and bad calls made by all the refs in games. 

I wouldn't be too concerned with Taylor's performance, because like you say, refs have good & bad days. My concern is that VAR was brought in specifically for these games where the ref is having a nightmare. Yet VAR looked at the hair pulling and decided that was fair and good defending. If I was Chelsea that's what would really p*ss be off. These guys are stealing a living.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I wouldn't be too concerned with Taylor's performance, because like you say, refs have good & bad days. My concern is that VAR was brought in specifically for these games where the ref is having a nightmare. Yet VAR looked at the hair pulling and decided that was fair and good defending. If I was Chelsea that's what would really p*ss be off. These guys are stealing a living.

Yes agree.

Should be annoyed with Mike Dean .

On 16/08/2022 at 05:37, fox_up_north said:

Swiss Ramble have just done a few things on the Glazers. In short - they've sold shares in the club for about half a billion and yet none of it has actually stayed within the club. To date, they've taken 1 billion out.

I remember the days of Man United winning everything and it was awful but christ, that's a slap in the face to the fans. 

On 16/08/2022 at 06:31, Chelmofox said:

If they have sold shares they own in the club, why would anyone have expectations that any of that money would go back into the club? 

The gist of it is in this chart -- having acquired MUFC on borrowed money, they've taken out over 1.5 billion pounds -- while that initial debt has barely been reduced.

1842165569_Glazerscost.JPG.0a1a6507f4f9ac50af8bebd1e1484866.JPG

They also had the lowest capital investment among stable PL clubs, despite OT starting to rot.

If it looks like a leech, crawls like a leech, and sucks like a leech ... it's a leech.

Adding the link:

Edited by KingsX
  • Thanks 1