Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I presume Chelsea for example want a ref who gives decisions their way...

Ok Taylor probably did give bad calls against them but surely clubs cannot pick and choose who they want in charge of their games?

It's the same for everyone - probably all had good and bad calls made by all the refs in games. 

Yea they and the other big 6 won’t have any refs to officiate their games against lesser teams if this was the case

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

The gist of it is in this chart -- having acquired MUFC on borrowed money, they've taken out over 1.5 billion pounds -- while that initial debt has barely been reduced.

1842165569_Glazerscost.JPG.0a1a6507f4f9ac50af8bebd1e1484866.JPG

They also had the lowest capital investment among stable PL clubs, despite OT starting to rot.

If it looks like a leech, crawls like a leech, and sucks like a leech ... it's a leech.

Adding the link:

What I never genuinely understand about the Glazer takeover was, surely, that ANYBODY could've taken over Man Utd with that same MO - ie get a loan and use the club itself as collateral

Edit; begs the question; if anyone could do that, what was so unique about the Glazer family to allow them to acquire the loans?

Edited by Paninistickers

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

What I never genuinely understand about the Glazer takeover was, surely, that ANYBODY could've taken over Man Utd with that same MO - ie get a loan and use the club itself as collateral

Edit; begs the question; if anyone could do that, what was so unique about the Glazer family to allow them to acquire the loans?

I imagine if you or I walked in to Lloyds TSB and asked to loan us £1 billion to buy Man UTD, we might not get far. Somehow the Glazer tw@ts managed it. 

On 17/08/2022 at 02:48, Pliskin said:

Could you imagine if he did? United would just have robots running around the pitch haha!

Nah, Musk would promise robots, borrow billions against prawn sandwich sales and dress Maguire in a padded suit.

And still be considered the Messiah

51 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If they don't stay up this year, you would think they are in big trouble.

Or have massive clauses in the player contracts about selling them or cutting wages .

BBC say it’s 25 million up front then 17 in potential add ons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62594961

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

What. On. Earth.

Love it when stuff like this happens

• Forest fans spend all their time downplaying the fee and justifying the money spent, using the main angle that the add ons will never be paid (and playing whataboutery with other clubs signings)
  • Wolves fans spend all their time "laughing" at Forest and say that they've been rinsed and mortally overpaid for said player
  • Rest of the football world baffled that a newly promoted club can even commit "up to" £44 million on one player
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

£145.5m according to Sky - add ons included in that I imagine 

If it pays off and they stay up then they'll consider it money well spent. It's a gamble though. One that could go horribly wrong. Even if they stay up it could still be problematic down the track, if some of those signings don't work out and become 'deadwood'.... sound familiar lol

Still, step one is stay up. Worry about what might happen if and when it happens.

Edited by taupe