Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

No **** off don't let them sign Casemiro, that's actually a good signing.

I don't know that it is to be honest, not in context. 

They need so much, they probably need more new players than any other club in the league (except Notts I suppose.)

They are far more in need of a "refresh" than we are, they need to go back to the drawing board and completely overhaul the culture of a squad that's been dominated by individual prima donnas for years. They need to stop chasing one-off big name signings and actually put that money in to being sensible, bringing in a bunch of decent pros that all want to graft and pull in the same direction and building up from there. 

I'd be way more impressed if instead of blowing 60, 70 odd on De Jong, Rabiot or Casemiro they lumped 20 on YT and then went to invest what they saved on other similar bargains for professional, hard working players to build a decent spine. 

I absolutely stand by my view that Man Utd should never have sacked David Moyes. He was supposed to be the man to build a new legacy, but they completely lost sight of what they were trying to do. They got impatient, and now look where it has got them.

Ultimately, their decision making these days is guided solely by commercial revenues, and it is a business decision of theirs that they will sell more merchandise by bringing in big name managers and players than by building a sustainable and successful footballing dynasty. 

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Just cuz you have longer hair doesn't give others the right to pull it in a football match. Don't want a red card, don't pull someones hair you cheating coont (not you lol). 

I don't have much hair because I am balding on top but that would be an upper cut to his jaw bone if he did that to my balding 5mm hair strands! Would gladly take the red card too.

Internet tough guy talk done. Back to my gardening videos on youtube.

Side note, Soyuncu better watch out he might be Romero's next victim.

I'm not saying it's a right, but at an elite level of sport, giving your opponent something easy to grab to stop you on the break or anything like that seems daft. Thought the way Romero used the tactic seemed a bit pointless, but if he was on break damn right I'd grab his hair 

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I absolutely stand by my view that Man Utd should never have sacked David Moyes. He was supposed to be the man to build a new legacy, but they completely lost sight of what they were trying to do. They got impatient, and now look where it has got them.

Ultimately, their decision making these days is guided solely by commercial revenues, and it is a business decision of theirs that they will sell more merchandise by bringing in big name managers and players than by building a sustainable and successful footballing dynasty. 

Totally agree. Got shafted big time. Fergie left him an ageing squad and then he wasn't backed at all in the transfer market and only managed to Felliani in fairly late in the window. Whoever replaced Fergie was going to struggle

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He definitely got it wrong. This is why Var should be a panel and not an individual. It's too easy for coruption.

He cost Chelsea the winning of the game and 2 points which they can't get back and could be important by the end of the season.

What if Chelsea were to sue the refereeing officals and Var. What would happen then. ?

How anyone could think it wasn't a red card is deluded. You cannot assult someone and get away with it.

Romerio should get a ban. I don't see any difference between this issue and any other belated Ban. 

It takes long enough for one person to make a decision , a panel would just mean more incompetents trying to decide. 

You already have referees deciding a different result for the same offence in matches.

All it needs in some well trained, co-ordinated intelligent people. 

If they can't find suitable people then scrap it.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The man is bulls*** central. He just gets worse and worse.

Imagine the reaction if the Liverpool manager had actually rung in defending Man United! As if…

I kind of support Klopp for calling out the bullsh*t knee-jerk reactionary pundits. All the clichés all the time. Remember last season when Man City had the league won in december according to everyone and then they suddenly has a slight wobble and its all about Liverpool and quadruples. I find Klopp extremely annoying most of the times, but this time is not one.

Also really refreshing, that Mike Dean admits, that he probably made a mistake with Romero's hair pull. So its not allowed to pull another player to the ground pulling his hair, nice to know. Would also like to know about Richarlison being offside or not for the first Tottenham goal. We need more honest talk from the refs, so we know what are mistakes and what are actual rules.

That Dean then make that hair pull mistake makes me question why there is not a commitee looking at the game in the VAR room? With so much money in the game, the biggest league in the world should be able to afford a commitee of refs looking at screens and helping each other to quick and hopefully for most of the time correct decisions.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

moyes isnt exactly going to get them winning titles and ucl's. they should've got conte when he was available 

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Oh it's getting better 

IMG_8572.jpg

I know he's allegedly hung like a horse.... but surely even that doesn't excuse being sent that nonsense lollol