Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Can't just be me that thinks this is just him saying ridiculous stuff to his other half for a laugh? Isn't this what everyone does? haha

My mrs would finish me if I compared her to a Breville toasty maker ngl. And rightly so. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Manini said:

My mrs would finish me if I compared her to a Breville toasty maker ngl. And rightly so. 

I mean if you said it sincerely it'd be mental lol

Looks to me like someone with a dry sense of humour rather than a mentalist though haha

https://www.skysports.com/share/12676852

Thomas Tuchel has been handed a suspended one-game touchline ban following his fracas with Antonio Conte in the aftermath of Chelsea's draw with Tottenham.

The German has also been fined £35,000 by the Football Association for improper conduct after breaching FA Rule E3, while Conte has been fined £15,000 for the same offence.

Tuchel and Conte were involved in a series of altercations throughout Chelsea's fiery draw with London rivals Spurs on Sunday, including a heated confrontation on the full-time whistle in which both managers were sent off by referee Anthony Taylor.

The FA's separate investigation into Tuchel's post-match media comments in relation to this fixture remains ongoing.

52 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Thomas Tuchel has been handed a suspended one-game touchline ban following his fracas with Antonio Conte in the aftermath of Chelsea's draw with Tottenham.

The German has also been fined £35,000 by the Football Association for improper conduct after breaching FA Rule E3, while Conte has been fined £15,000 for the same offence.

Tuchel and Conte were involved in a series of altercations throughout Chelsea's fiery draw with London rivals Spurs on Sunday, including a heated confrontation on the full-time whistle in which both managers were sent off by referee Anthony Taylor.

The FA's separate investigation into Tuchel's post-match media comments in relation to this fixture remains ongoing.

I don't know why, but in my head this was done in the style of the end of a line of duty series....

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Misses Leeds game, or ours?

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They'll just never learn. 

Like I'll admit Casemiro is pretty much exactly what they needed, a big, nasty **** off DM who will put in a dirty challenge and (to everyone else's detriment) get away with it 99% of the time.

But yeah, he's 30 years old, in 3 years time his resale value will have basically evaporated 

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Like I'll admit Casemiro is pretty much exactly what they needed, a big, nasty **** off DM who will put in a dirty challenge and (to everyone else's detriment) get away with it 99% of the time.

But yeah, he's 30 years old, in 3 years time his resale value will have basically evaporated 

I said earlier in the thread, I'm not convinced he is really exactly what they needed. Not in the more abstract sense. 

They don't just need an individual, they need a whole team. They're absolutely shocking but they just keep insisting on signing big name after big name to tide things over and keep selling shirts. 

It's absurdly transparent. 

• Like 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12677124/raheem-sterling-chelsea-forward-left-fuming-and-raging-by-manchester-city-exit

Sterling is so self-important and entitled - and so vastly overrated - it makes me laugh.

The reason Guardiola dropped him repeatedly is that - as pretty much every Man City fan would tell you - he constantly gave the ball away, ran into trouble, butchered countless attacks and missed loads of easy chances. The guy has serious pace and clever off-the-ball movement but little else. Yes, he had a good Euro but if Thomas Muller had finished that easy chance he gifted him, it could have been a very different story for both him and England, and I've still never heard an explanation as to why he never volunteered to take a penalty in the shoot-out of the final, leaving poor Saka to take that fatal final kick. Sterling seems to have made himself such a protected species in the media that no one has ever dared to ask.

I'll be amazed if he succeeds at Chelsea. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1