Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

15 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The more i see these Young American players the more i think on home soil in 4 years they might be dark horses.

Is the problem not that they seem a bit of a closed book In terms of welcoming world class coaches in? 

It’s fine wanting home grown, but I mean other than Marsch who is clearly proving his qualities in Europe, the USMNT have often relied on a rotation of very average home grown MLS managers. Current manager is also from this crop. 

I think if they want to be a big success they either need to get Marsch in in the next couple of years or look to attract someone world class who wants a crack at success at International level with a good young side. 

Also think they need to be more open to playing friendlies against the best European sides. 2018 since they played Italy and England in friendlies….

Edited by AjcW

Guest Col city fan

Apart from Bournemouth and West fackin Ham, the other ‘relegation sides’ are winning or drawing. Southampton, Fulham, Florists, now Leeds…

Our odds to be relegated must be shortening by the day I suspect.

Watching other teams at the moment amplifies the fear of allowing Rodgers to continue in charge for much longer. The passion and commitment of a Leeds team with inferior talent to ours being galvanized by a passionate coach on the sideline and the pace that almost every other team seems to be playing at - these are worrying times indeed. We are sleepwalking towards disaster. Pull the trigger, Top, before it's too late!

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Apart from Bournemouth and West fackin Ham, the other ‘relegation sides’ are winning or drawing. Southampton, Fulham, Florists, now Leeds…

Our odds to be relegated must be shortening by the day I suspect.

Basically we are looking at relegation, the worse defence and like AJ, shit it when someone steps forward 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Is the problem not that they seem a bit of a closed book In terms of welcoming world class coaches in? 

It’s fine wanting home grown, but I mean other than Marsch who is clearly proving his qualities in Europe, the USMNT have often relied on a rotation of very average home grown MLS managers. Current manager is also from this crop. 

I think if they want to be a big success they either need to get Marsch in in the next couple of years or look to attract someone world class who wants a crack at success at International level with a good young side. 

Also think they need to be more open to playing friendlies against the best European sides. 2018 since they played Italy and England in friendlies….

The coaching situation is indeed a problem.  Berhalter's brother was in charge of choosing a replacement so it's no shock how that went.  They had a shot at a couple of good international managers too.  Berhalter isn't the worst manager but they will need better in four years, when they should have a real opportunity as this generation of huge talents come into their peak.  With the lifespan of the average PL manager who know, Jesse might be available.  If not yes, they need a strong international manager to take over.

They have gone the international route before, most famously with Jürgen Klinsmannm, with decidedly mixed results (though he did get us out of the group stage).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

The coaching situation is indeed a problem.  Berhalter's brother was in charge of choosing a replacement so it's no shock how that went.  They had a shot at a couple of good international managers too.  Berhalter isn't the worst manager but they will need better in four years, when they should have a real opportunity as this generation of huge talents come into their peak.  With the lifespan of the average PL manager who know, Jesse might be available.  If not yes, they need a strong international manager to take over.

They have gone the international route before, most famously with Jürgen Klinsmannm, with decidedly mixed results (though he did get us out of the group stage).

I guess even Jurgen was already working in the MLS and living over there wasn’t he. 

Just now, Md9 said:

Not early to be worried about relegation 4 games in I know it’s not great at the minute but there is a lot of football left to play 

I’m worried, there are teams that have sold players they wouldn’t have wanted to but still playing good stuff.. We look rotten 

7 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Watching other teams at the moment amplifies the fear of allowing Rodgers to continue in charge for much longer. The passion and commitment of a Leeds team with inferior talent to ours being galvanized by a passionate coach on the sideline and the pace that almost every other team seems to be playing at - these are worrying times indeed. We are sleepwalking towards disaster. Pull the trigger, Top, before it's too late!

Does feel that everything Leeds players do seem to be going through their coach's veins

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas