Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Is it possible Paul Pogba could be the premier league worse transfer deal in history, imagine that signing a player in 2009 for unknown fee... to being let go from United on free deal to Juventus on a free in 2013... to then buy him back again for £89.3 million three years later! fast forward to 2022 your then once again allowing him to leave on a free :blink: nice business United lol

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is it possible Paul Pogba could be the premier league worse transfer deal in history, imagine that signing a player in 2009 for unknown fee... to being let go from United on free deal to Juventus on a free in 2013... to then buy him back again for £89.3 million three years later! fast forward to 2022 your then once again allowing him to leave on a free :blink: nice business United lol

Maguire and Lukaku to Chelsea are worse.

Milner signed up for another year with Liverpool. 

Got a sneaky feeling they really drop off next season, by really drop off I mean finish 3rd lol but still...

Got lots of potential outgoings up in the air, and losing out on targets to Man City and even Newcastle now.

Probably be the start of Klopp making his next move as well.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Milner signed up for another year with Liverpool. 

Got a sneaky feeling they really drop off next season, by really drop off I mean finish 3rd lol but still...

Got lots of potential outgoings up in the air, and losing out on targets to Man City and even Newcastle now.

Probably be the start of Klopp making his next move as well.

?? 

Klopp just extended his contract by two years at the end of April.

14 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They could struggle getting a team together…

Just agents playing games. They’ll sign most of their loans back I’m sure and have a pretty comfortable season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

They could struggle getting a team together…

Went on their forum for a laugh to see their meltdown and some of them think they're signing Nick Pope when they can't offer Brice ****ing Samba a satisfactory deal lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Went on their forum for a laugh to see their meltdown and some of them think they're signing Nick Pope when they can't offer Brice ****ing Samba a satisfactory deal lol

A lot of Greek media report that Forest have significant problems renewing and also signing players. Samba will be given an improved offer and stay there but he's not a PL keeper. Marinakis is under huge pressure by Olympiakos fans to spend and the fact is that Forest is nothing more than a business to him. His main interest is the Greek team. 

If there's a bet out there I would happily place a few quid for Cooper to be sacked in the first 7 games, their next manager in 20 games and they'll go down 20th with 3-4 wins max. 

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

A lot of Greek media report that Forest have significant problems renewing and also signing players. Samba will be given an improved offer and stay there but he's not a PL keeper. Marinakis is under huge pressure by Olympiakos fans to spend and the fact is that Forest is nothing more than a business to him. His main interest is the Greek team. 

If there's a bet out there I would happily place a few quid for Cooper to be sacked in the first 7 games, their next manager in 20 games and they'll go down 20th with 3-4 wins max. 

Just curious but why dont you rate samba? I read somewhere that statistically he's the only keeper to play every game in the championship and not make a mistake that led to a goal. I have no idea where  these stats come from but he does seem solid to me. 

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just curious but why dont you rate samba? I read somewhere that statistically he's the only keeper to play every game in the championship and not make a mistake that led to a goal. I have no idea where  these stats come from but he does seem solid to me. 

His ball distribution was awful even for EFL standards sitting at 68%. He has problems when he's under pressure. Forest defensive line was quite decent this season but most teams created a lot of chances in front of their goal. 

I don't know where you got the info that Samba's mistakes didn't lead to a goal but the opposition scored goals against them because of him misplacing passes. Unless these stats you're talking about take into account only direct mistakes of the GK. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

His ball distribution was awful even for EFL standards sitting at 68%. He has problems when he's under pressure. Forest defensive line was quite decent this season but most teams created a lot of chances in front of their goal. 

I don't know where you got the info that Samba's mistakes didn't lead to a goal but the opposition scored goals against them because of him misplacing passes. Unless these stats you're talking about take into account only direct mistakes of the GK. 

i’m not sure tbh mate, i saw it on twitter. 

All i know is that forrest fans rave about him so he must be doing something right.  I did pop over to their forum and someone said he has amazing distribution and would be only behind ederson in the prem for that but they could get a better shot stopper. They really are a deluded bunch 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m not sure tbh mate, i saw it on twitter. 

All i know is that forrest fans rave about him so he must be doing something right.  I did pop over to their forum and someone said he has amazing distribution and would be only behind ederson in the prem for that but they could get a better shot stopper. They really are a deluded bunch 

Yes they are. 68% passing accuracy doesn't seem high to me. Take that to PL where most teams are pressing high and there's trouble. 6 yellow cars and a red also for him with 3 games suspension last season. I really hope they'll keep him as their 1st choice GK. And nope, dancing in front of his goal line on penalties won't save them from relegation. 

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes they are. 68% passing accuracy doesn't seem high to me. Take that to PL where most teams are pressing high and there's trouble. 6 yellow cars and a red also for him with 3 games suspension last season. I really hope they'll keep him as their 1st choice GK. And nope, dancing in front of his goal line on penalties won't save them from relegation. 

Most teams pressing high? I dno if we're watching a different game but most of the time I watch a premier league game, it's a competition of who can get 11 men behind the ball and in their own half as quickly as possible.

I say it every season now but I think Southampton will drop. 40 points last season, 4th worst defence, only scored 43 too.

Their squad is full of players you'd best describe as average besides Ward-Prowse

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

Most teams pressing high? I dno if we're watching a different game but most of the time I watch a premier league game, it's a competition of who can get 11 men behind the ball and in their own half as quickly as possible.

As you've said, as quickly as possible. The majority of teams press high initially (different intensity of pressure depending on their quality) and afterwards they get men behind the ball. Even Norwich was pressing high at 0-0 especially against teams outside of the top 4. 

Marinakis said he'll spend 75m-100m for players. Let's see how this unfolds. My prediction is they'll concede 70+ goals.