Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There were a few on here last year who didn’t rate Potter, really couldn’t believe it. He is a top manager, we should’ve moved when we might have had a chance of getting him.

Totally changed them from the side they were but people were obsessed with just comparing Potter’s win percentage to Hughton’s.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Christian Pulisic will be hoping for 4th in our group in Qatar, this isn’t the Super Bowl and we don’t reward that kind of nonsense with a play off system! 

Yeah, because 4th place doesn't get you a playoff spot in the English game...

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Gronk spike:

Today was the first time an American player has scored for an American manager in the PL.

I mean, isn't that a bit obvious? 

Am I being thick or was Bob Bradley the only other American manager? Did he have any American players? 

I feel like I'm probably forgetting someone obvious? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

How is that relevant to what I said? My only point is others need to share the blame with Rodgers (Ie Fofana, Tielemans, maybe top and rudkin). I'm not for one second defending Rodgers. 

I’m not sure what is going on behind the scenes, you can only second guess, but something appears to be intrinsically wrong at the club. The hastened and surprising departure of Kasper was odd. The general vibe around Brendan is confusing , was there ever plans to give funds for new players, was the plug pulled if so why. maybe the next few weeks will provide a few answers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There were a few on here last year who didn’t rate Potter, really couldn’t believe it. He is a top manager, we should’ve moved when we might have had a chance of getting him.

To many people preaching 'careful what you wish for'.

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Would argue the person who's quoted four posts and then posted a jpeg of someone no one has heard of probably has the proverbial head lodger but go for it mate!

The WUM is wounded  lol

Right now I am watching Abu Dhabi FC play Saudi Arabia FC, who were welcomed into the “best league in the world” by God knows what combination of UK politicians and League executives.

Any who truly fret about a few American players and managers coming up and doing well (which I doubt actually includes you MGTW -- you're a good laugh), wow.  Just wow.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, isn't that a bit obvious? 

Am I being thick or was Bob Bradley the only other American manager? Did he have any American players? 

I feel like I'm probably forgetting someone obvious? 

Wagner.  Don’t remember if he had any Yanks on his team.

Edited by Deeg67

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

To many people preaching 'careful what you wish for'.

People should’ve realised he took over from Houghton who played a grim style of football so there was always going to be a transition period. If he can get their players playing like they are now imagine him with ours and our facilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The WUM is wounded  lol

Right now I am watching Abu Dhabi FC play Saudi Arabia FC, who were welcomed into the “best league in the world” by God knows what combination of UK politicians and League executives.

Any who truly fret about a few American players and managers coming up and doing well (which I doubt actually includes you MGTW -- you're a good laugh), wow.  Just wow.

In my experience, football fans from the USA give way, way, way more fvcks about what Europeans think of them than Europeans actually give about American footballers. 

I know the American mentality is that the world revolves around you but to us in Europe you're just another country that footballers, owners and coaches come from. We don't really care, there's nothing special about you to us at all. 

And not in the Notts Forest "doth protest too much" sense. We just really don't. There is no beef. But you get so precious about it we know you'll bite every, single time. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

People should’ve realised he took over from Houghton who played a grim style of football so there was always going to be a transition period. If he can get their players playing like they are now imagine him with ours and our facilities.

Absolutely agree, he fits exactly what we want and need here 

Guest Col city fan

I’m afraid anyone seriously thinking Leicester will finish above Newcastle this season is living in cuckoo land 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m afraid anyone seriously thinking Leicester will finish above Newcastle this season is living in cuckoo land 

Genuinely who thinks that? We will be lucky to finish above Forest.

Edited by Unabomber

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Genuinely who thinks that? We will be lucky to finish above Forest.

Just look back at the ‘where will we finish’ thread. 
Someone put fourth…