Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

4 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I wish we had the £10m or whatever they paid for Pope was a no brainer replacement for Kasper

He's gonna earn/save Newcastle a lotta points this season methinks.

Edited by PhillippaT

Leeds and Newcastle just rubbing it in today how antiquated, unproductive and crowd-unpleasing our dull, slow-paced possession football is.

Rodgersball has been well and truly sussed. Getting rid of him is essential to our future wellbeing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guest Col city fan

Best half of footy I’ve watched in yonks. 
Man City looking sublime, blasted by Newcastle’s desire to get forward and score.

Brilliant!

Unfortunately also reinforces just how shite we’ve become 

Watching today’s matches has made me worry even more that we are in the right cart….the teams like Leeds and Newcastle have kicked on and are playing some nice stuff, name 3 teams worse than us, Everton & Bournemouth possibly….we know the likes of Manchester United will be ok.

I reckon the  3 promoted sides might all just stay up this season…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Leeds and Newcastle just rubbing it in today how antiquated, unproductive and crowd-unpleasing our dull, slow-paced possession football is.

Rodgersball has been well and truly sussed. Getting rid of him is essential to our future wellbeing.

Although I agree that in the last 12-18 months has been Puel-esque and it has become ponderous and predictable, it wasn't like that for the first 2 years, it was exciting to watch and we played some of our best football.  Rodgers has almost gone into his shell, it as if he doesn't have faith in some of players and some have stopped having faith in him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Football is getting back to the fast pace style we love. Tapping the ball around and possession is dying… 

I wanna see it for a period of time before I celebrate a change but the bits i've seen this weekend are certainly encouraging.

Do I think we'll change? Nope, we're too far down the line of 'transition' and as i've said I believe it's a brief within the club to have turned their back on the fast paced exciting style, eventually we will get rid of Rodgers, unfortunately I think he'll just be replaced with another pass the ball to death, with little forward movement, possession merchant.

I can only hope for change though :fc: 

Atleast the game will be more exciting if change comes even if we're not ourselves.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, LVocey said:

That first half performance from Newcastle is exactly how 90% of all non top 6 club fans want their sides to play.

No fear, aggressive, moving the ball quickly with real quality. Fair play 

They don't like it up 'em!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Although I agree that in the last 12-18 months has been Puel-esque and it has become ponderous and predictable, it wasn't like that for the first 2 years, it was exciting to watch and we played some of our best football.  Rodgers has almost gone into his shell, it as if he doesn't have faith in some of players and some have stopped having faith in him.

I don't see it changing because he went into his shell, he just gradually transitioned us in to the team he wanted us to be. This is the style of play he implemented at Liverpool and Celtic towards the end of his time there and why there fans warned us the good times wouldn't last.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

We can’t live in the past, enjoyable though that was. Ever since West Ham beat us 3-0 at home during Covid the blueprint has been out there for how to play and beat us. Yet Rodgers can’t adapt, can’t change, won’t change. He has lost the plot. It happens. When did he last make a decision that won us a game? He is operating like a novice right now, has been for a long time, and the players know it. The team is leaderless, lacking not just inspiration from the touchline but any positive input. It’s just horrible to watch, and nothing will change for the better until Rodgers has departed.