Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly about West Ham. Purred over and particularly on this forum. Currently in a run of 1 PL win in 10 and that was to Norwich. They are feeling the heat much we did and are 

Makes me chuckle a little bit, West Ham remind me of Football Manager. People set up with some crazy zerg counter attacking style and rocket up the league while their reputation is low. Then the AI starts seeing you as a successful club so responds by parking the bus and playing defensively and all of a sudden they're shit and can't win and complaining that their tactic doesn't work anymore lol

Also known as the Leicester City 16/17.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Always said Covid was the biggest blessing to that football club. Remember before it all kicked off their fans were storming the directors box? This could get ugly again.

So you're saying the West Ham owners created COVID?! 

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Looks like people making a lot of snap judgements on a small sample of games. 3 games into last season:

Utd were 3rd.

Everton were 6th.

Arsenal were bottom.

I get it I get it. Arsenal are going to get relegated?  Is that the answer?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The amount the media are tripping over themselves to rim Newcastle for drawing a game kinda nauseates me if I'm honest. 

They're a really average mid table side that flustered Man City by pressing and countering, it's hardly the first time. 

Last season alone we put five past them at their place, Leeds drew with them, West Ham drew with them, Tottenham beat them, Leeds then beat them at the Etihad and Brighton beat them. All largely by doing the same thing, it's been pretty much the only way to beat Man City for years. 

They've even pulled Shearer out of the woodwork to write chapter and verse like it's their coming age and they've finally hit the big time and all of that. Meanwhile there's barely a word written on the BBC about Leeds absolutely thrashing Chelsea in a genuinely impressive display. 

Even the narrative Sky were trying to push yesterday was like it's the two big wealthy giants pitting off against each other as if Newcastle still didn't just have a squad of bang average journeymen, it was nuts. 

Best of the rest? Not only had it only been three games, they're behind Leeds and Brighton on the same points as Fulham ffs. Calm the fvck down. Every season there's one of these insane early over reactions to teams having a positive start but this might be the most sickening. 

Completely too early to be predicting anything about Newcastle.

However, fair play to them yesterday. It was a cracking game because they had a go. I don’t give a toss where they finish in the table but I do respect them for trying to take the game to Man City.

And we did put five past them..last year…

I doubt we’d do that how we (and they) are playing at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely too early to be predicting anything about Newcastle.

However, fair play to them yesterday. It was a cracking game because they had a go. I don’t give a toss where they finish in the table but I do respect them for trying to take the game to Man City.

And we did put five past them..last year…

I doubt we’d do that how we (and they) are playing at the moment.

Defintley didn't see it coming after how they were against Brighton and to a lesser extent forest to be fair. They made it a good game of football 

You'd think Jack Harrison can't be far off an England spot. Incredible form before this season and into the new one.

Anyone know if he got US citizenship while he was over there as a youngster? Might cause a spanner...

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Defintley didn't see it coming after how they were against Brighton and to a lesser extent forest to be fair. They made it a good game of football 

They just knew they could get at Man City’s back line and Saint Maximin to be fair was unplayable in the first half.

Best game I’ve watched in ages and unfortunately was a stark contrast to watching Leicester.

I still maintain though that Haaland is a cyborg. He’s part human, part robot from the planet Zog 🌏 

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Looking forward to the game tonight. 

Same here Una. Man Utd have to do something tonight I think. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

They just knew they could get at Man City’s back line and Saint Maximin to be fair was unplayable in the first half.

Best game I’ve watched in ages and unfortunately was a stark contrast to watching Leicester.

I still maintain though that Haaland is a cyborg. He’s part human, part robot from the planet Zog 🌏 

Saint Maximin is exactly what we are missing. Someone who gets you out of your seat with excitement. Glides past people with such ease. 

I'd be suprised if Haaland is even part human. He must have been made in a laboratory. Tremendous nordic meatshield summed him up perfectly. lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Pedro going to Newcastle.

Good luck to him.

Talented young player who will only get better and Newcastle will be a big progressive move for him.

Proper fire sale from you. If you can get up

after that it gives us all hope!

Really don't see how it helps United having Keane and Neville - two players from their greatest ever era - there with Sky every other week talking about what a massive crisis it is. If they believe Ten Haag is the right guy then just shut up and give him a season or two to rebuild what is obviously a very bad team. At the same time it's hilarious so keep it up Sky!

• Like 1