Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They're frustrated with the ownership of the club, way more than Ten Hag. 

There have been constant potshots from ex United players since Ferguson left, and not only at the ownership. Every manager that has been there and most players have been constantly criticised. The one that was given the most slack was unsurprisingly OGS. 

And it's as much to do with Sky TV content as it is any genuine frustration at the running of the club. 

14 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Liverpool are playing like we do. Scrappy, crappy footy in the final third and (as yet) no clue how to break through a press.

Joking aside, I think we are similar, play the same way, with mostly the same squad with the same manager season after season and you will get found out eventually.

Liverpool have looked really poor so far this season. Same with West Ham and Man U have also been poor until today. Chelsea got pumped by Leeds. Strange season already and its only 3 games in. Even Man C looked dodgy against FC Saudi. 

• Like 2

The way I see it, the club as a whole knows what they are doing, the past 8 years have been the best time of our lives and we have had confidence in them. Now all of a sudden we have a bad year and the back room staff and jon rudkin don’t know what they are doing ? The club is investing in the infrastructure for example the training ground and stadium and cementing us as a big club, we are just balancing the books and top knows what we need, I’d rather us do this than chuck silly money at a team and take risks, fully fit and firing we have a top 8 side. Let’s keep behind this club we love 🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Liverpool have looked really poor so far this season. Same with West Ham and Man U have also been poor until today. Chelsea got pumped by Leeds. Strange season already and its only 3 games in. Even Man C looked dodgy against FC Saudi. 

Second half of the season will see top clubs drop off too after a tiring World Cup. This season could throw up a few surprises 

Something that stands out to me when watching other teams is just how few players we have capable of taking opponents on. Barnes can do it but always seems to me to be better suited when breaking into space rather than facing up to a defender in tight spaces, Maddison is very skilful and is great at using little feints to buy himself time but that's about it really. I'm more or less resigned to it never happening at this point but a right winger with some pace and the ability to skin one or two players every now and then could be potentially transformational for us.

Just now, Guest said:

Something that stands out to me when watching other teams is just how few players we have capable of taking opponents on. Barnes can do it but always seems to me to be better suited when breaking into space rather than facing up to a defender in tight spaces, Maddison is very skilful and is great at using little feints to buy himself time but that's about it really. I'm more or less resigned to it never happening at this point but a right winger with some pace and the ability to skin one or two players every now and then could be potentially transformational for us.

What about Perez? 😂 

• Haha 1