Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

It’s a massive problem with punditry and to some extent all football fans.

They comment based on results, but outside their own side they don’t really look at performance and this leads to either over or under estimating a teams performance.

Anyone who has actually watched Forest this season would see they have been awful, yet West Ham some how managed not to put them away and Everton, were well Everton… so they sit on four points and people claiming they look really good.

You simply cannot watch every Premier League game and the highlights often make a shocking performance look okay. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lewis_wc said:

The way I see it, the club as a whole knows what they are doing, the past 8 years have been the best time of our lives and we have had confidence in them. Now all of a sudden we have a bad year and the back room staff and jon rudkin don’t know what they are doing ? The club is investing in the infrastructure for example the training ground and stadium and cementing us as a big club, we are just balancing the books and top knows what we need, I’d rather us do this than chuck silly money at a team and take risks, fully fit and firing we have a top 8 side. Let’s keep behind this club we love 🦊💙🦊💙🦊💙

Good grief and not one mention of the manager. Don't know how you managed all that without it.:D

The relegation zone is looking strange three games gone, bottom West Ham, 19th Leicester City, 18th Wolves, 17th Everton and 16th Liverpool. Could be a interesting relegation battle this year, Pretty sure we will be there or there abouts come May.

• Like 1

Erik ten Hag drops F-bomb in live Sky interview - and Gary Neville 'enjoys' it

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb in his post-match interview with Sky Sports after his side beat Liverpool, leaving Gary Neville and viewers at home in stitches

David Jones, Erik ten Hag, Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville
Gary Neville burst out into laughter after Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb (Image: Sky Sports)

Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb live on Sky Sports when discussing his Manchester United side's shock 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

The Red Devils boss joined host David Jones and pundits Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville after securing his first win in charge. He was asked to sum up his emotions as the post-match interview got underway.

Ten Hag replied: "We can talk about tactical but it’s all about attitude. Now we see, we bring the attitude on the pitch. There was communication, there was a fighting spirit, especially there was [a] team, and then you can see what they achieve because they can f***ing good play football."

Erik ten Hag
Ten Hag said his team "can f***ing good play football" live on Sky Sports (Image: Sky Sports)

Jones, who believed Ten Hag may have been speaking in his native tongue, continued: "I wasn’t sure if it was lost in translation Erik, I do apologise."

The slip of the tongue had viewers in stitches. One tweeted: "Nah Ten Hag just casually dropped an f bomb, these players stressed him differently." A second posted: "Love Erik ten Hag dropping an f bomb and not even realising he’d done it."

"Erik ten Hag dropping F bombs live on air, I love him even more now," commented a third. While a fourth added: "Ten Hag dropping the f bomb in a live interview is hilarious!"