Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Erik ten Hag drops F-bomb in live Sky interview - and Gary Neville 'enjoys' it

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb in his post-match interview with Sky Sports after his side beat Liverpool, leaving Gary Neville and viewers at home in stitches

David Jones, Erik ten Hag, Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville
Gary Neville burst out into laughter after Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb (Image: Sky Sports)

Erik ten Hag dropped an F-bomb live on Sky Sports when discussing his Manchester United side's shock 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

The Red Devils boss joined host David Jones and pundits Roy Keane, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville after securing his first win in charge. He was asked to sum up his emotions as the post-match interview got underway.

Ten Hag replied: "We can talk about tactical but it’s all about attitude. Now we see, we bring the attitude on the pitch. There was communication, there was a fighting spirit, especially there was [a] team, and then you can see what they achieve because they can f***ing good play football."

Erik ten Hag
Ten Hag said his team "can f***ing good play football" live on Sky Sports (Image: Sky Sports)

Jones, who believed Ten Hag may have been speaking in his native tongue, continued: "I wasn’t sure if it was lost in translation Erik, I do apologise."

The slip of the tongue had viewers in stitches. One tweeted: "Nah Ten Hag just casually dropped an f bomb, these players stressed him differently." A second posted: "Love Erik ten Hag dropping an f bomb and not even realising he’d done it."

"Erik ten Hag dropping F bombs live on air, I love him even more now," commented a third. While a fourth added: "Ten Hag dropping the f bomb in a live interview is hilarious!"

Is this news? 

45 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’m getting constantly riled by Sky Sports now. Gary Neville audibly cheering each goal is not good broadcasting.

They’ve just another MUTV. 

Like Carragher does as well though. 

33 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Arsenal on Uefa FFP watchlist 

A good thread by Swiss Ramble on Twitter shows they may get away with just about being fine. 

They've got one of the best strikers in the league but he just cannot stay fit. Will be interesting to see how Isak gets on, I've heard a lot of hype but never been particularly impressed on the odd occasions I've seen him. That's a lot of money so he's gonna have to hit the ground running.

One for @Ric Flair:

USMNT 

@USMNTTAKES

·

16h

USMNT international Chris Richards in his first start with Crystal Palace

90 min

100% tackles won

5 aerial duels won

86% passing

100% ground duels won

5 clearances

2 interceptions

7.4 fotmob rating

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Fair play to Villa, looks a very decent expansion proposal.

That place really needs it, pretty awful outside the ground and some of the stands need work too. Otherwise the ground itself is a good away day. Just needs a touch of modernisation here and there.

On 23/08/2022 at 15:05, StanSP said:

This guy is great. Just seems full of happiness. 

Great to see, although if he was a City supporter he'd lose that happiness pretty quickly. 😄

Just read the PL has broken it's summer spending record, with over 1.5B spent already, and that's by just 19 clubs.

Edited by sm1

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Great to see, although if he was a City supporter he'd lose that happiness pretty quickly. 😄

Just read the PL has broken it's summer spending record, with over 1.5B spent already, and that's by just 19 clubs.

We’re not going to add a lot to that through purchases are we?

23 hours ago, filbertway said:

They've got one of the best strikers in the league but he just cannot stay fit. Will be interesting to see how Isak gets on, I've heard a lot of hype but never been particularly impressed on the odd occasions I've seen him. That's a lot of money so he's gonna have to hit the ground running.

Maybe they're hoping him and Wilson can alternate their injury periods.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Five Thirty Eight with a study on the relationship between spending and survival for newly promoted PL sides:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/does-spending-big-save-newly-promoted-premier-league-teams-from-relegation/

Spoiler: it helps.

No shite, you come up from the Championship and need to spend to stay  up, who’d have thought it?

Having said that, Fulham at the time was the biggest net spend by a promoted team and they went down.

Then Villa out sent them and only stayed up because goal line technology failed.

And Forest have spent their fair share this season and I would still have them as second favourites behind Bournemouth to go down.

What the article should look at is goal scorers, the difference really between a team staying up and going down is having a striker who can score 15+ goals a season. 
Leeds in their first season up had Bamford scoring for fun in the first half of the season. Wolves had Jimenez, the Watford team bought Ighalo.
Villa still relied on Grealish as their main threat and Fulham had Motrovic who I don’t think scored a goal in the second half of the season.

This is why I think we won’t be in any danger come May, we may be frail at the back but we score a lot of goals and we have a lot of players who are capable of scoring. Even in our shocking start to the season only Man City, Leeds, Spurs, Arsenal and Brentford have scored more than us. 

On 23/08/2022 at 09:49, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

People moaning already about our league position, I bet before the season started all of them would have taken being 1 point behind Liverpool after 3 games:ph34r:

Would we have taken being 3 points below Forest? :whistle:

Implicit in all these ostrich “we’ll never be relegated” posts is the question: who will?

Bournemouth seems a prime candidate, though they already have a win,  Everton seems hopeless and were lucky to survive last season so maybe them, though they have enough talent to where they should stay up.  Who else?  I don’t think Fulham or Forest are going down.  You have to think West Ham will figure it out enough to survive.  Villa?  Wolves?

The absence of obvious chum at the bottom of the table makes this cavalier attitude very dangerous, and I hope the board doesn’t share it.

• Thanks 1