Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Top and Rudkin and the board are as much to blame.

Imagine allowing a number one goalkeeper to leave and not replacing him lol 

Club captain no less, and days before the start of the season. With every game this season the decision looks madder.

• Like 4

Just now, Tuna said:

Club captain no less, and days before the start of the season. With every game this season the decision looks madder.

Even more so we're gonna lose our best central defender too.

Obviously we didn't expect that one but Kasper kept mentioning about wanting to play in Europe again. We've replaced him with our number two, a number two that wouldn't get in any other PL side. It's a joke. Board need to look at themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think Aston Villa will pull the trigger on Gerrard sooner rather than later and maybe they can take Rodgers with them!

Part of me thinks this is what we're waiting for, it could happen.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can't see any club wiling to pay compensation of £10 million plus to get Rodgers 

I can envisage reduced or no compensation.  The reason why he hasn't gone is because we can't afford to sack him.  I think we'd let him walk into a new job no problem.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Quite right ..  the buck stops at the man at the Top ..  

Bit harsh, considering Top or Vichai never ever got any stick for any other bad signing over the years. Why suddenly now all eyes on Top? 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Even more so we're gonna lose our best central defender too.

Obviously we didn't expect that one but Kasper kept mentioning about wanting to play in Europe again. We've replaced him with our number two, a number two that wouldn't get in any other PL side. It's a joke. Board need to look at themselves.

Did Kasper mean in European competition or just in Europe? 🤣

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Part of me thinks this is what we're waiting for, it could happen.

I can envisage reduced or no compensation.  The reason why he hasn't gone is because we can't afford to sack him.  I think we'd let him walk into a new job no problem.

In which we'd probably be still be paying him the difference in his new job wages to wages he currently has for another 2 and 1/2 years. 

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Bottom of the league, aside from maybe Bournemouth, we deserve to be there on the evidence so far 

Wolves and Villa didn't look much better today.

I remember when Wolves used to defend with confidence.

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Bottom of the league, aside from maybe Bournemouth, we deserve to be there on the evidence so far 

We should have got more at Chelsea if Vardy could hit the target!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Think Rodgers quite rightly has a bit more favour in the bank after the cup win the two 5th places. Gerrard has been given money and been allowed to shape that team very quickly and its just not worked. I can see them making the decision first.

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

The return Villa have got from the fixtures they've had is pretty shocking to be honest. Think Gerrard may go before Brendan.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bit harsh, considering Top or Vichai never ever got any stick for any other bad signing over the years. Why suddenly now all eyes on Top? 

Nowt to do with bad signings Stanley ..  more to do with the general running of the club at the moment ..   eg we’ve got a manager running around saying quite rightly we need a shake up and end up with no new players coming in  ..  bottom line a complete cock up. Why ???  It’s alright focussing on ground extensions and improved training grounds but never at the detriment of what goes on on the pitch.