Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Think Rodgers quite rightly has a bit more favour in the bank after the cup win the two 5th places. Gerrard has been given money and been allowed to shape that team very quickly and its just not worked. I can see them making the decision first.

Think you are probably right about Gerrard. Will be interesting to see what finance is made available to Rodgers in the remaining days of the window 

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

We should have got more at Chelsea if Vardy could hit the target!

Don't just blame him though, yes he had an off day (more down to no real service in previous games) but we went two down to a team with 10 men. Ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In which we'd probably be still be paying him the difference in his new job wages to wages he currently has for another 2 and 1/2 years. 

Why would it?  Could we not cancel his contract by mutual consent?  We shake hands and go our separate ways, he walks into a new job.

The Villa job would suit him for lots of reasons - money to spend on transfers, bigger club, Coutinho, lower starting point so perceived "success" possibly easier to attain, and he probably wouldn't have to move his family.  Lots of things there to massage his ego.  The guy is already financially secure for life, signing a 3 year deal at Villa might see a couple of million less into his bank account, but it will free him from the dog's abuse he'll be getting at the KP - which will do nothing for his ego or his image as one of Europe's elite managers.

Just now, nnfox said:

Why would it?  Could we not cancel his contract by mutual consent?  We shake hands and go our separate ways, he walks into a new job.

The Villa job would suit him for lots of reasons - money to spend on transfers, bigger club, Coutinho, lower starting point so perceived "success" possibly easier to attain, and he probably wouldn't have to move his family.  Lots of things there to massage his ego.  The guy is already financially secure for life, signing a 3 year deal at Villa might see a couple of million less into his bank account, but it will free him from the dog's abuse he'll be getting at the KP - which will do nothing for his ego or his image as one of Europe's elite managers.

Mutual consent only works if both parties agree to it. lol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mutual consent only works if both parties agree to it. lol 

Yes, and I can see him being attracted to the Villa job and possibly wanting to go.  Give Villa permission to speak to him, if it's something that he wants to pursue and Villa are haggling over compensation, then I'm sure something can be worked out without us hard balling Villa for £10m.

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you are probably right about Gerrard. Will be interesting to see what finance is made available to Rodgers in the remaining days of the window 

It will because whilst I say Gerrard has been given money, it's not like Rodgers hasn't. Some of his signings, whilst here have proven to be decent. Fofana obviously, Justin for £8m was a bargain, Castagne has been decent. A few have had moments and also been average like Perez, but then he's also spent big on Praet (seems a good players but he went off him quickly), Soumare (looks like he has potential but Rodgers doesn't seem a fan), Daka (barely given a sniff in his first season to settle in to playing for us), Vestergaard and Bertrand (quickly realised his error) and he's also signed on loan Bennett (terrible) and Under (decided he didn't like him). He has actually spent quite a bit, but when you look at the first 11 at the start of this season, only 3 of his signings start, Castagne, Justin and Fofana. Fofana is leaving and if fit Ricardo would replace one of the others. 

So I think Top has to look at that, after 3 years and a couple of £100m spent, we are still reliant on players that were here when he got here. He's added nothing to the team in terms of signings.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Kane is just brilliant

He is. Would love a striker like him. He’s one of them where he’s through and you know he’s just gonna take it. Great finish, simple really though.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I get what you're saying, but to me, in the modern era, they just look.......unfinished.

I think that

a) If it was any other team but Forest

b) they had a decent collar

You'd agree with me :)