Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Liverpool definitely operate in a different way to the likes of Man United, Man City, Chelsea and even Arsenal. But, they're also in a position to do that and I think they learned a lot from Coutinho. They have the attitude of nobody is bigger than the club. I know some Liverpool fans who have already made peace with Salah leaving, as they know they'll find someone to replace him. 

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think this bloke is a hypocrite and an arse but I guess the difference with Liverpool is they seldom lose money on players, you don't get many expensive flops and they make excellent cash on dross. Danny Ward cost us ~£12.5m ffs. Kevin Stewart to Hull was borderline money laundering.

I don't doubt it's still frivolous from Liverpool but there is an element of having started "smaller" and buying smart to get where they are now. Definitely more of a case for the expensive signings to be less of a collection and more of a collective too, always seems to be a strategy. 

But he's definitely a 24-carat tit

When Liverpool plastics go after the ‘net spend’ response to this debate, I like to kindly remind them that they have made huge cash injection transfers without the knowledge that there is money coming in. 99% of the football league can’t whack 80m on Darwin Nunez and all it takes is a few duff transfers like Bayern squeezing them for Mane and Nunez being a flop for it all to go a bit Man Utd. They’ve got no moral high ground to stand on at all. Just as bad as the rest.

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

They tore us a new one.

Arsenal too

And gave Liverpool probably one of their hardest games of the season.

I don’t like it any more than the next person but I think they’ll do well next season, providing they do keep hold of all their players from this season just finished. Top 10 is my prediction 😅

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Arsenal too

I don’t like it any more than the next person but I think they’ll do well next season, providing they do keep hold of all their players from this season just finished. Top 10 is my prediction 😅

Nah! Remember how good our team was that won the Championship at a canter? We really struggled making the transition up. 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Nah! Remember how good our team was that won the Championship at a canter? We really struggled making the transition up. 

True 

We didn’t beat any PL teams in our promotion season though (in the cups I obviously mean)

Them coming up certainly makes it a more interesting league than if Huddersfield had come up.

Hopefully they go straight back down though. Bottom by the World Cup 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

They tore us a new one.

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Arsenal too

True. We were very below par that day. A couple of good cup results can be a one off when you're lower league and "up for the cup" against higher level opposition.

A whole different scenario doing it for 38 games in the league.

Hopefully, they do appallingly badly and break Derby's 11 point record :D

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

True 

We didn’t beat any PL teams in our promotion season though (in the cups I obviously mean)

Them coming up certainly makes it a more interesting league than if Huddersfield had come up.

Hopefully they go straight back down though. Bottom by the World Cup 🙏🏻 

Fulham :pearson:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

No they weren’t. They were Premier League.

Amended, as I mis read and though it was referring to our first season promoted. We swapped places that season.

Edited by FoyleFox

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

True. We were very below par that day. A couple of good cup results can be a one off when you're lower league and "up for the cup" against higher level opposition.

A whole different scenario doing it for 38 games in the league.

Hopefully, they do appallingly badly and break Derby's 11 point record :D

I think that’s crucial- whether or not they’ll be able to keep up that level of intensity shown against us week in week out 

29 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Arsenal too

They relied heavily upon 4 or so loan players didn't they? These won't necessarily return. From what I have seen of Worrall I think he may find it tough against some of the forwards in the premier league, seems to lack pace and makes a few misjudgements, I could see Vardy having a field day against him.

It will be interesting to see how they cope, get off to a flyer and I could see Cooper lined up for one of the usual October/November jobs that comes up. 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That team of the year lol 6 Liverpool players to Man City's 3. Another classic case of Liverpool have the best everything in the world but finish 2nd. Guardiola knew.

Just like half of the team of the year in 15/16 were Spurs players.   Finished 3rd...but did very well bless them.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest remind me most of probably Sheffield United. Which is worrying as they did very well in their first year up. Although we did end up beating them four times.

Sheffield United had a pretty settled squad though didn't they