Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was thinking about this, are they buying so many players to buy competition for places?

Not paying that much attention to their signings as don’t really care who they have bought. 

£147m so far with a guy in the stands about to put pen to paper also so be £170m or there abouts

• Like 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

It’s terrible sportsmanship. It’s disrespectful and it’s just a shit thing to do. As the commentator said, it could have led to him having a season ending tackle which he would have only had himself to blame for. If Barnes did that and was smashed in to and had his leg broken as a result we would be fuming at him and for him. That’s what he did wrong.

Disrespectful? If Ronaldo or Messi did it you’d think it was brilliant.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

It’s terrible sportsmanship. It’s disrespectful and it’s just a shit thing to do. As the commentator said, it could have led to him having a season ending tackle which he would have only had himself to blame for. If Barnes did that and was smashed in to and had his leg broken as a result we would be fuming at him and for him. That’s what he did wrong.

Fun in football = banned

If someone threw something at vardy while he was doing his eagle celebration would we all be mad at him? No.... Behave 😂 it's a game and meant to be have fun with. Get over it 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So many are desperate for Forest to succeed because of some bizarre ‘golden era’ media bias, it’s nauseating

And that being 35ish years ago! 

I can only hope people will us to win in 2050 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

Forest look like a hotch potch of misfits 

They will probs be just about ok to stay up but they aren’t much good 

Just now, Spudulike said:

Is it the law that everything NottsF has to be prefix'd with famous? So far on 5-Live I've heard:

The Famous City Ground

The Famous Red Shirts

The Famous Trent End. 

Why? 

The famous Ned Schneebly. 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Sickening season 😢..

Arsenal or bloody Tottenham could win the title!!..

While we get relegated 😢😢

Nah Man City win it, Haaland is going to get what 60 goals or something lol

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Richarlison has got to be the least likeable player in the premier league.

honourable mentions to fernandes & Son  

How is Son as unlikable as rat boy Fernandez?! He's an unbelievable player and completely non offensive

I'd say rapistronaldo is far more unlikable than him

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

It's entertainment, it's high level sport and it's well within the rules of the game.  So he plays the pantomime villain and winds the opposition up?  Take the ball off him and do your best to score.  That'll wipe the smirk off his face. 

If he suffered a career ending tackle he would have himself to blame is one of the worst takes I've seen in ages (actually since Friday night when some were hoping Fofana would suffer a career ending injury at Chelsea).  The person to blame would be the player smashing into him.  

The actual issue is Richarlison diving.  That is quite simply cheating in an attempt to win an advantage and it's that for which should be lambasted.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nnfox said:

Why would it?  Could we not cancel his contract by mutual consent?  We shake hands and go our separate ways, he walks into a new job.

The Villa job would suit him for lots of reasons - money to spend on transfers, bigger club, Coutinho, lower starting point so perceived "success" possibly easier to attain, and he probably wouldn't have to move his family.  Lots of things there to massage his ego.  The guy is already financially secure for life, signing a 3 year deal at Villa might see a couple of million less into his bank account, but it will free him from the dog's abuse he'll be getting at the KP - which will do nothing for his ego or his image as one of Europe's elite managers.

Because Rodgers would still want to retain his wage 

It would work exactly like a lot of transfer deals do - players expect the club they were sign to on a x amount of year deal to honour their contract and the difference. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Forest look like a hotch potch of misfits 

They will probs be just about ok to stay up but they aren’t much good 

That backline is pretty atrocious, I like the look of Fulham but Silva usually dips in second half of the year. I don’t think their business has been as amazing as made out and usually when a newly promoted team spunk that much it usually goes tits up 

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Peter Taylor had us top of the Prem after 8 games, and that ultimately meant nothing. So I'm not going to wet my pants about us being bottom after just 4 games, as much as I hate it.

Everton were near the top at the end of September take it with a big old pinch of salt.

• Like 3