Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

31 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

It’s terrible sportsmanship. It’s disrespectful and it’s just a shit thing to do. As the commentator said, it could have led to him having a season ending tackle which he would have only had himself to blame for. If Barnes did that and was smashed in to and had his leg broken as a result we would be fuming at him and for him. That’s what he did wrong.

Good grief, you’re advocating someone breaking someones leg because they did some keepy uppies. I personally don’t agree with your opinion, the guys Brazilian and flair and showmanship is part of the game, and if one of our players gets under the skin of the opposition and gets sent off, I’m applauding. I want to see showboating 

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Only has his self to blame if someone breaks his legs for doing a few keepie uppies?

Jesus wept. As if that’s a good reason to break someone’s legs. lol

Just my opinion. And I’m not alone.

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Levy wanted Rodgers last summer before they gave the job to Nuno Santo ....and now look at them tough as s*** to score against and what a midfield and strike force.

What could have been for them and us if Rodgers had joined them 🙄

You realise Nuno Santo is not their manager any more, right lol ?

44 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Fun in football = banned

If someone threw something at vardy while he was doing his eagle celebration would we all be mad at him? No.... Behave 😂 it's a game and meant to be have fun with. Get over it 

That’s not the same thing at all.

48 minutes ago, Manini said:

Still reckon Forest go on a stinking run at some point this season. Let’s see how they react to that. 

They haven't been anything like as impressive as the press and excitable kids on social media would have you think.

Flattered by a 2-0 defeat at Newcastle, freakishly lucky against West Ham, reasonably good at a dire Everton side and absolutely toothless today.

They'll go on a slump and look dreadful for months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

They haven't been anything like as impressive as the press and excitable kids on social media would have you think.

Flattered by a 2-0 defeat at Newcastle, freakishly lucky against West Ham, reasonably good at a dire Everton side and absolutely toothless today.

They'll go on a slump and look dreadful for months.

79 shots conceded in 4 PL games and 23 against league 2 Grimsby. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

You don't actually need to break Richarlison's leg to hurt him, just tapping him on the shoulder will do it.

He always reminds me of those toys you could get that would collapse at the press of a button

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I didn't say anything about Nuno Santo is their manager now, all said was that Levy wanted Brendan before they gave the job to Nuno

Which has no relevance as to how they are now considering it's a totally different manager...

30 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s “just your opinion” that’s it’s not only ok to break someone’s legs because they do a few keeper uppies but that person is actively the one to blame? Yea, and it’s also Putin’s “opinion” that because NATO put a few planes on his borders, they are the ones to blame for the murdering and destroying the homes of millions of Ukrainians.

Again… Jesus wept. lol Actually take some deep breaths and think about what you’re actually saying here in “your opinion”. Do you actually understand the physical and mental pain for years that a person who physically has their legs broken endures?

I didn’t say it’s ok to break someone legs did I? I said he’d only have himself to blame. That’s not the same thing at all. 

Guest Col city fan

Where Forest will struggle is in the midfield. They’ve spent lots on buying a load of very average attacking players and haven’t bought a real quality one.

You could see it today, lots of pretty passing across the central area but no real incision. A bit like us tbf. But Maddison and Tielemans (when fit and on form) are a cut above anything Forest have got.

What they’ve done is to go for strength in numbers. They’ve filled their squad hoping to get a few wins to keep them safe. It’s still a risk and if they do get dragged into it in the spring next year, they’ll rue the fact they’ve not bought just one or two much better players.

Edited by Col city fan

It is a very weird position to be in, but I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Spurs and Harry Kane for helping to make my weekend slightly less shit. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I didn’t say it’s ok to break someone legs did I? I said he’d only have himself to blame. That’s not the same thing at all. 

You’re right it’s not the same thing at all, it’s worse. You’re saying he is the only person who is to blame if it happens, not the person who actually broke his legs for doing keepy uppies. Therefore you’re not only saying it’s ok and absolving the person breaking his legs from blame but saying it’s the guy doing keepy uppies who is the one at fault.

• Like 1