Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

54 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You’re right it’s not the same thing at all, it’s worse. You’re saying he is the only person who is to blame if it happens, not the person who actually broke his legs for doing keepy uppies. Therefore you’re not only saying it’s ok and absolving the person breaking his legs from blame but saying it’s the guy doing keepy uppies who is the one at fault.

There is no point going back and forth on this. How you’ve taken it is not how I meant it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

There is no point going back and forth on this. How you’ve taken it is not how I meant it.

I have absolutely no idea what other way you could have meant it lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't explain how you're not blaming the victim of a foul for the action of the perpetrator? Fair enough lol

Listen, I’ve explained over and over what I think. If you and others disagree with me that’s fine. You’re entitled do. But don’t keep going on. It’s boring and pointless. Maybe you’ve not got anything better do with your bank holiday weekend but I’m not going to spending mine going over and over the same thing. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Listen, I’ve explained over and over what I think. If you and others disagree with me that’s fine. You’re entitled do. But don’t keep going on. It’s boring and pointless. Maybe you’ve not got anything better do with your bank holiday weekend but I’m not going to spending mine going over and over the same thing. 

No need for the personal digs, I clearly touched a nerve. And you haven't gone over it all, all you've done in stated you think the victim of a foul is at fault for that foul not the person who committed it.

Anderson wound up Nunez the other week, which resulted in a headbutt. Anderson is not to blame for that, Nunez is because he couldn't control himself. Same as today, Johnson got wound up and couldn't control himself, nobody else to blame but Johnson.

Forest will be fine. Jealous of their absurd spend, Brazil LB Renan Lodi soon aswell. Manager knows what he's doing and they're riding a wave, fans and club. All they need to do is settle the new squad in, bounce off their fans when they hit rough patches.

Sods law just had to be when we're on a downturn.

• Like 1

If people think we had issues with Fofana, at least a decision was made pre match to leave him out. Wolves, fully expected to name Willy Boly on the bench today, and he just didn't bother turning up to Molineux.

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Forest will be fine. Jealous of their absurd spend, Brazil LB Renan Lodi soon aswell. Manager knows what he's doing and they're riding a wave, fans and club. All they need to do is settle the new squad in, bounce off their fans when they hit rough patches.

It makes the pain even worse, I hope we can get a result against them, it feels humiliating 

I have absolutely no idea how the chat around that Richarlison foul has escalated into talk about leg breaks. It was a million miles away from such a challenge. 

It was a synical foul brought on because the lad was embarrassed and frustrated. Not defending it but that's football and always has been. At every level. Showboat like that on any football pitch in the world and you'll get kicked. 

What's ironic is that people go on about the good old days of football. That challenge was about as old school as it gets. 

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If people think we had issues with Fofana, at least a decision was made pre match to leave him out. Wolves, fully expected to name Willy Boly on the bench today, and he just didn't bother turning up to Molineux.

Oh no terrible!

7 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Man wtf I just checked the PL table and we are 20th. 

You might want to sit down when I tell you we are  playing f@cking shit as well!!!

9 hours ago, Jaspa said:

The bounce after promotion may just keep them up, but their signings have been terrible and they will pay for that next year, even though I think they're more likely than not to go down this year. They've spent a lot....But they've not spent it well. All of their new signings are players that are not above the level of the Championship, except for Lingard when he can be bothered to turn up. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

The bounce after promotion may just keep them up, but their signings have been terrible and they will pay for that next year, even though I think they're more likely than not to go down this year. They've spent a lot....But they've not spent it well. All of their new signings are players that are not above the level of the Championship, except for Lingard when he can be bothered to turn up. 

This is wrong, Henderson, Freuler, Williams, Awoniyi and Dennis at least are way above championship level and would all greatly improve our squad. It is obscene money but they’ve built a squad that should it click will be competing for the top 10. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Where Forest will struggle is in the midfield. They’ve spent lots on buying a load of very average attacking players and haven’t bought a real quality one.

You could see it today, lots of pretty passing across the central area but no real incision. A bit like us tbf. But Maddison and Tielemans (when fit and on form) are a cut above anything Forest have got.

What they’ve done is to go for strength in numbers. They’ve filled their squad hoping to get a few wins to keep them safe. It’s still a risk and if they do get dragged into it in the spring next year, they’ll rue the fact they’ve not bought just one or two much better players.

After the loans went back we had virtually no one of Premier League standard - only (arguably) the 3 central defenders (and collectively they’re not strong enough), Johnson and Yates.  

Our choice was to be guaranteed to break Derby’s low points record or try to improve all areas of the team significantly.  Improving with 3 or 4 marquee signings wasn’t an option.

I think the spending has been good - whether it’s enough to keep us up time will tell.  £150m isn’t that much when you’re trying to assemble a Prem team from scratch.  I believe it’s still the cheapest squad in the division and we’ve  already been hit by injuries with our best central defender (Niakhate) and defensive midfielder (Mangala) injured.