Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
22m

Ross Barkley has now left Chelsea by mutual consent and becomes a free agent. Contract has been terminated as Chelsea statement confirms. #CFC

47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yet another career ruined by Chelsea's greed.

Come off it, I doubt Ross Barkley had any qualms about signing a contract on terms he'd almost categorically never see again in his life. There can be no reality where he genuinely expected to go to Chelsea and play week in, week out. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Come off it, I doubt Ross Barkley had any qualms about signing a contract on terms he'd almost categorically never see again in his life. There can be no reality where he genuinely expected to go to Chelsea and play week in, week out. 

Not to mention Chelsea's "greed" also saw them sign De Bruyne and Salah only to decide they weren't good enough. Don't think it's a case of them hoovering up talents for the sake of it. Just think they've often been really shit judges of talent and what they need in their squad.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, ForestAreMagic said:

After the loans went back we had virtually no one of Premier League standard - only (arguably) the 3 central defenders (and collectively they’re not strong enough), Johnson and Yates.  

Our choice was to be guaranteed to break Derby’s low points record or try to improve all areas of the team significantly.  Improving with 3 or 4 marquee signings wasn’t an option.

I think the spending has been good - whether it’s enough to keep us up time will tell.  £150m isn’t that much when you’re trying to assemble a Prem team from scratch.  I believe it’s still the cheapest squad in the division and we’ve  already been hit by injuries with our best central defender (Niakhate) and defensive midfielder (Mangala) injured.

You’ve signed Renan Lodi too I see. On loan with an option to buy.

Thats a coup. He’s the type of quality I’m talking about.

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

West Ham’s summer signings now up to £150mil, Southampton’s likely to go over £100mil by the end of the window.

Sadly it’s easy to see us very quickly being left behind with our awful business these past 2 summers.

Where have Southampton found 100 mil from?

Kane will go down as one of the greatest English strikers ever. Its actually a real shame he's playing for Tottenham,  and not one of the real big clubs. Man deserves to win trophies.

Kane is 73 goals behind Shearer in 155 fewer games. Stay fit for the next 4-5 years and he will overtake him..I'm rooting for this guy.

Edited by Koke

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kane will go down as one of the greatest English strikers ever. Its actually a real shame he's playing for Tottenham,  and not one of the real big clubs. Man deserves to win trophies.

Kane is exceptional at what he does but he'd have never been knocking on Messi / Ronaldo's door like Rooney managed. I think because he shagged a granny and looks like someone's biroed a potato Rooney is so retrospectively underrated.