Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The fixtures come out on Thursday.

Hoping for an 'easy' home match to start with, like Brentford or Crystal Palace.

Saw a supposed “leaked” fixture list with us at home to Leeds.

• Haha 1

Just now, SkidsFox said:

He'll surely be moved abroad. Maybe the Turkish or Greek leagues. 

Who knows, other footballers have had similar accusations and still played in the Premier League. 

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

Who knows, other footballers have had similar accusations and still played in the Premier League. 

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I can't see Greenwood returning for them. Not with all the pictures and audio released. It's one thing having an allegation but that was some pretty sickening stuff. 

Surprised he's still got a contract with them. 

I think United fans will welcome him back with open arms 

I guess we’ll find out where the moral compass of the hierarchy is …….. and the new coach. 

Surely his safety is in question at away grounds ?? 

I know others have done stuff and played again but I believe they served their time. As a society I think we are reasonably forgiving but not if someone hasnt paid the price of their crimes ….

Edited by st albans fox

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think United fans will welcome him back with open arms 

I guess we’ll find out where the moral compass of the hierarchy is …….. and the new coach. 

Surely his safety is in question at away grounds ?? 

I know others have done stuff and played again but I believe they served their time. As a society I think we are reasonably forgiving but not if someone hasnt paid the price of their crimes ….

Not just his safety, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were protestors at each match. It would become THE story. I also think we are reasonably forgiving as a society, but society has certain "rules." If you are a bank teller, and steal from the till, you go to jail. When you get out, you move on with your life, do good things, win freedom of the city, get a knighthood, die and go to heaven and sing with the choirs of angels. ... the one thing you aren't ever gonna do again is work at a bank. I am all for redemption, but sometimes that means finding a new job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

It's going to be Forest, innit? 

I doubt they would put big games or derby matches on so soon in the season. Derby games and big games like Liverpool vs Man City are always in the middle chunk of fixtures.

We were at home first last season (not that it really matters) so I am going with an away game. Southampton away first game.

32 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Greenwoods been cleared of charges right? So there should be no reason why he wouldn't be back in the squad 

Hasn't been cleared of anything has he? Last official news was that the police extended bail?

Hard to believe he's been cleared of anything when the evidence was literally on a recording lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Greenwoods been cleared of charges right? So there should be no reason why he wouldn't be back in the squad 

If he plays against us someone needs to sneak to the tannoy system and play his audio clip during a game 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hasn't been cleared of anything has he? Last official news was that the police extended bail?

Hard to believe he's been cleared of anything when the evidence was literally on a recording lol

There are rumours - how true I have no idea - that Greenwood and Harriet Robson are back together. If she's refusing to co-operate with the police, they may have decided they don't have a strong enough case despite the recording. 

53 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No, some Indian newspaper published an online story saying the "FA" has cleared Greenwood of all charges. It was just a made up BS story, since the FA hasn't done anything with him: He is being investigated by the police (ongoing) and suspended by his club.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There are rumours - how true I have no idea - that Greenwood and Harriet Robson are back together. If she's refusing to co-operate with the police, they may have decided they don't have a strong enough case despite the recording. 

Unless she says she faked the recordings, or they were taken completely out of context, I am not sure that changes his situation much. Abuse is abuse, even if your partner decides not to pursue charges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Unless she says she faked the recordings, or they were taken completely out of context, I am not sure that changes his situation much. Abuse is abuse, even if your partner decides not to pursue charges.

I agree. And of course there is precedent for men being prosecuted even though the victim has asked the police to drop the charges - Danny Simpson and Tom Meighan, for example.

However, if - as you say - Harriet Robson has told police that the recordings were taken out of context and that she will say as much in court, it would massively reduce the chance of a conviction. Irrespective, the fact that he will reportedly face no charges suggests that the police feel they don't have enough against him.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

I agree. And of course there is precedent for men being prosecuted even though the victim has asked the police to drop the charges - Danny Simpson and Tom Meighan, for example.

However, if - as you say - Harriet Robson has told police that the recordings were taken out of context and that she will say as much in court, it would massively reduce the chance of a conviction. Irrespective, the fact that he will reportedly face no charges suggests that the police feel they don't have enough against him.

If she says they were taking out of context, then what can you do? Even if you doubt her retraction, that would be a flimsy excuse to keep him from playing. My issue would be if she didn't retract what she said, but just "forgave" him (which is her right, and no judgement on her). It would still be difficult to get a conviction, but it would also mean he had been credibly accused of domestic abuse. And that wouldn't stop the protests and the baggage that comes with him.

• Like 1