Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I'm getting more and more concerned that either Arse or Spuds will win the title!!..

Nightmare scenario!

I said pre season that Spurs would likely win the league and they've started well.

I think they have everything you need to win the league this season.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

If we get in a situation where even a win for us and other results going for us mean we're still bottom, or even still in the bottom 3, we will be in deep trouble. I believe this even if it does happen early in the season, because I cannot see the fight in the players  or tactical eptitude from the manager to turn it around.

I was being a little facetious, of course there is along way to go, but the signs are not good.

Even tonights results havent helped, With Southampton beating Chelsea, Everton holding Leeds and Fulham beating Brighton.

Looking at the fixtures it's hard to see us getting many points before October. By then we could be in a relagation battle.

Brendan has created this situation with his poor signings. Now we're stuck with them.

He needs to get the players onside and ready for the fight. If not we could even lose Maddison in January to Spurs, Who might want to enhance their chances of winning the league. Who could blame him.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I was being a little facetious, of course there is along way to go, but the signs are not good.

Even tonights results havent helped, With Southampton beating Chelsea, Everton holding Leeds and Fulham beating Brighton.

Looking at the fixtures it's hard to see us getting many points before October. By then we could be in a relagation battle.

Brendan has created this situation with his poor signings. Now we're stuck with them.

He needs to get the players onside and ready for the fight. If not we could even lose Maddison in January to Spurs, Who might want to enhance their chances of winning the league. Who could blame him.

Bit melodramatic. We’re 4 games in.

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If Haaland stays fit (big if) nobody is touching Man City 

You could never discount Man City, especially with Haaland up top now.

I just think Spurs are going to be too strong for City in the head to heads. They're a big strong physical team now, with plenty of talent. A great Keeper and great Strikers with plenty of Goals in them. Conte is now the missing link. A manager who knows what it takes to win the league and has the players playing for him.

Of couse you cannot rule out Arsenal, I just thibk they still have a soft underbelly., And will drop points along the way.

Liverpool might be too far behind already given how little points the winning teams have dropped in recent years.

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Watch and learn as the season unfolds. We need something from someone to change things, And I'm not seening it coming from the players with performances so far.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling typo

11 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Agree 100%.

It's a long season with surprise results already and it's a funny thing that, seemingly inconsequential moments within a game, can change a teams fortune dramatically.  

For instance Chelsea sat back and that's the only reason we attacked, but when was the last time that Tele bossed a game and Vards had 3 one on one's. With 1 man down Chelsea still beat us, but it's been a while since Barny had such a good game and we had quite so many chances. 

Before Brendon can influence the players, they have to remember just how good they can be. Remember just how good our manager was. 

I can hear sniggering in the background, but I'm not predicting a relegation headache 4 games in and i believe that we'll beat Man U Thurs eve.  

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I fear for when we play Wolves... 

Clubs like Wolves, Southampton and Brentford have a network of scouts (and agents though that's a development in football I dislike) who get some of the young best players in Europe. Meanwhile we have yer da John Rudkin, a couple of lads with Macs and Brendan's LinkedIn contacts. We're looking increasingly outdated.

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Is that Tuchel throwing his best part of £300m under the bus, are Chelsea fans all on his back yet?

Chelsea are a bit of champions league Watford, almost like they know managers will eventually struggle and moan after two or three years.

17 hours ago, Koke said:

I know the guy is a **** but I'm starting to warm to him  lol  People clutching their purses over  Richarlison are weirdos 

The whole rage because he did some kick ups stuff can get in the bin. He's a **** but I'd rather see someone showing off skills than just going through the motions. 

The Gerard situation is interesting

He was surprisingly open about the impact his former assistant has had on his success at Rangers and last season at Villa.

Michael Beale has been openly described as the greatest training ground coach the people he's worked with have ever seen. Now he's at QPR and they've started really well in the Championship.

Goes a long way to suggesting that if you're employing a Gerrard, using their name to attract players and be a leader, you need to ensure they've got some bloody good tacticians behind them, and if they leave you need to make sure they're replaced!

45 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Chelsea lost again, they having bad results with their 10 man win against us sandwiched in between.

Chelsea should be one of the most worried sets of fans looking at their club this summer imo. Short term is probably not too bad but they are throwing around huge sums of money with no discerning strategy. They look like they are behind Spurs this season and will have to compete with Arsenal for that last CL spot. They'll laud it over us for now that they've managed to get Fofana, but they could find themselves down the pecking order in the next few years if they continue like this.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Chelsea should be one of the most worried sets of fans looking at their club this summer imo. Short term is probably not too bad but they are throwing around huge sums of money with no discerning strategy. They look like they are behind Spurs this season and will have to compete with Arsenal for that last CL spot. They'll laud it over us for now that they've managed to get Fofana, but they could find themselves down the pecking order in the next few years if they continue like this.

Quite simply, the Chelsea squad isn’t brilliant at all. I can never twig all the raving about Havertz personally. He’s a good player but I’m never sure what his actual role is. Kante and Jorginho are looking their age. Sterling is a very good player as is Reece James. And of course, they’ll have Fofana soon.

I don’t think they’ll be anywhere near top four this season and I maintain, if we had really got at them last weekend we’d have won the game